• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Asian style smoked salmon

Started by Stickbowcrafter, August 29, 2007, 08:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

QuoteI know how that is. A year ago I went through very lengthy renovations. I had to pack the BS away for 8 months, and took another 2 months after unpacking to start smoking again.

Yes, I fear that will be me to some extent!!  >:(

Plan a couple of smokes if at all possible and the asian style salmon may well be one of them. Also have a lot of whitefish to cold smoke.

On the plus side I have a contact who builds wooden sheds and outbuildings for a living and he is keen to design and build a purpose built home for my smoker so it is not all bad news!  ;)
Manxman

Kell

Nice photos of the catch.  TBO, I've really never seen salmon before the heads were gone and not already in fillet's.  :)   Thanks for the brine recipe.

HCT

Wow, looks and sounds great. A must do for me. Just as I finish one new recipe another pops up. Nope, I'm not complaining. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Carter

I'm with Mr. Walleye.  I'm drooling all over my keyboard here at work.

My veggy lasagna just seems so ho hum right now.

On a positive note, this veggy lasagna today gives me the green light to pick up a nice Pork Butte from the butcher this afternoon for an overnight smoke tomorrow and pulled pork sandwiches on Saturday.  Giddy Up!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Carter on August 30, 2007, 10:29:09 AM
On a positive note, this veggy lasagna today gives me the green light to pick up a nice Pork Butte from the butcher this afternoon for an overnight smoke tomorrow and pulled pork sandwiches on Saturday.  Giddy Up!

Carter.... There's always gotta be a payoff!  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Stickbowcrafter

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's great when you come across a simple recipe that works great. Let me know how it works out for you. Between my family and friends, that little test batch didn't last long. I prepared 3 times as much early this morning and plan to put it in the smoker this evening or tomorrow morning.

-Brian