I'm PISSED

Started by Oldman, August 22, 2007, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Once upon a time I had 30 year old Lama hard cheese. Went today to get some and Whoa.. it is gone.  Plus my personal grown and pickled peppers are gone. Flavored with spices that I don't share (the recipe) with anyone.

Mother and Susan know nothing of this.... of course... 

I got them together in one room and I was quite clear that if my Capons got gone there were would be  a finger breaking contest.   To leave my Chit alone.

At my age I will never again know the flavor of that cheese. Christ I had it for almost 20 years myself.  It would bring the sides of your face together in a wonderful experiance of flavoring the only a few of the blessed have known.

D a m n I'm  P i s sed....

Woman... who was the fool that said you could not live without them?  That fool never tasted that cheese or my 10 year old peppers...

Chit is all I can say....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

Sorry to hear about the loss.  Is it possible your rodent friends had a feast?
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Well Olds, like you said, "at your age", I think it's time to share your secret recipes. ;D ;D ;D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Oldman

Quote from: HCT on August 22, 2007, 04:41:57 PM
Well Olds, like you said, "at your age", I think it's time to share your secret recipes. ;D ;D ;D
Ha ha ha when the time comes young man ... when the time comes...

Let me say this. Most recipes of the recipes  I have I've created myself. Some took months if not years in trying. Over the years I  have thrown out so much food it is unreal...  Hell years back I even buried one it was so bad... Let's just say RIP... You can create your own recipes... there is no magic to this.  Just those who do and those the don't try.

The recipe site  is full of great recipes... it is just a few things I'm not ready to give up. I hope you understand. I will help you in creating your own recipe(s). Just let me know where you are going with it / them.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

QuoteI was quite clear that if my Capons got gone
Opps miss - spelled. Capers is correct.

I pickle my own.

For those who do not know what a lama is here is a pic:

I only had about 1/2 pound left of the cheeze. Funny... no one knows what happened to it... I guess it just aged away into nothing.

Consiglieri

I'm glad you clarified the capers thing.  I was trying to figure out what was so special about a castrated rooster.

Hope that the mystery is solved soon and that no feelings are hurt in the process.
Consiglieri

Arcs_n_Sparks

Oldman,

As you may know, with wine aging, there is a "donation" that occurs over time. Less wine in the barrel then when you started. Perhaps this is your situation?  :o

Arcs_n_Sparks

Wildcat

Have you seen any mysterious worm holes lately Olds?  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

I'm sure Susan is being 100% truthful with you as I would be with my husband when the last of the pickled shallots went missing...It's a marrige rule thing :)

Consiglieri

So, just between us girls.  What happened to the shallots?
Consiglieri

LilSmoker

Quote from: Consiglieri on August 25, 2007, 11:00:39 PM
So, just between us girls.  What happened to the shallots?

It was me! it was me!

Seriously, i love pickled shallots when i was a kid my mum had to hide them, otherwise i would just eat them all
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

La Quinta

What happened to the shallots...um...I can't remember...no wait...the dogs ate them....um...I think I ended up convincing him that he ate them!!!

Consiglieri

LQ: sounds like you're related to my wife: "chocolate?  What chocolate?  We didn't have any chocolate."
Consiglieri

Carter

One of my favourite stories came from a friend of mine who lives in Winnipeg.  He had a bunch of buddies at the cottage one summer weekend when they were in high school.  In February his father comes home from a cottage trip he had to make and puts 5 full liquor bottles in front of my underage buddy and says "looks like you guys had a good time up at the cabin back in August.  Do you want to tell me about it?".

Somehow the liquor in the bottles had frozen solid.

Water will do that. :D

Carter

P.S.  Sorry about your Cheese Olds.  That's the price you pay for having so much great food around your house.

Stickbowcrafter

Is this what I have to look forward to? I have 3 girls here, my 35 year old wife and two daughters, 5 & 2. Yep, the only males are me and the dog...but we're both fixed  :-\

-Brian