Good News

Started by Oldman, October 15, 2007, 12:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

We took a call today from DSS - Disco. This coming Wednesday we start down the long road to recieve at least Secret clearance from the DOD. Once this happens (start to finish is one year or better) many now closed doors will open to us~~! 

I had all but given up on this one.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Great news Olds!!! ;D ;D ;D Man those wheels turn slow sometimes. We'll all just start calling you the "SECRET AGENT old MAN".  :D :D :D This message will not self destruct in 10 seconds. :o ;)
Seriously, good luck to you. Pat

Wildcat

Congradulations Olds.  As a retired federal employee, I am well aware of some of the crap you have to go through on bids, inspections, clearances, and the like.  I feel for ya.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Well pleased for you Olds

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Glad to hear this. What a great opportunity.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Great news. I hope thing progress and that you are blessed with great benefits in the end.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Olds, depending on the facility, you can sometimes request the facility security officer to supplement an interum secret as a supplier -- Has to apply to each person who would go to the facility as i recall.  Dont know how it is today and dont want to know  ;) other than wishing you the best of luck. Once you are in your in  ;D  ;D  ;D and that can be real good.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

manxman

Good luck Olds, sounds like you have a long slog ahead with mounds of paperwork no doubt!!  ;)
Manxman

Oldman

Well I did the first entry level paper work today. First meeting is tomarrow 9 AM. For some reason (who knows--they sure don't) when I check with CCR my CAGE code was not valid.  It turns up our job classifcation had changed to a NON-WORKING NUMBER LOL~~! This effected our CAGE code. No CAGE code then you don't do business with Uncle Sam.

I'm glad I caught it, and even more glad that it did not mess up a few weeks back or I would not have gotten that contract with SOCOM.

Back in the day we started down this path with Pro - net.  Since then SBA, OMB, GSA and DOD have worked together to integrate PRO-Net and CCR Database(s) and simplify contracting process for small businesses. While this is great I will bet you a dollar to a dime getting a CAGE code today is a big as pain in the shorts as it was when we got ours.  You will never run accoss so many $%$#& acronyms & regs in your life until you go down this path. Of course it is all written as if you should know what they mean.

I dug my way though it, but I hope never to have to do anything like that again. Anyway all is good at this hour.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!