• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley for cold smoking salmon?

Started by tsquared, November 04, 2004, 05:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I have a problem.After an unbelievable salmon season, my partner has laid down the law. She says it's catch and release as there is no more room in the freezer.I need to smoke some of this fish as I know it disappears rapidly.  I used to smoke fish quite a bit at a previous residence, but have never got around to building a setup in my current house.  I have heard some good things about the Bradley and am thinking of buying one but I have a couple of questions:First, how does it do for cold smoking salmon?(my personal favourite)Secondly, what is a reasonable price to pay for one and where might be a good place to order one from? (I live in British Columbia)

tsquared

Found the thread on cold smoking salmon by disconnecting the generator and using dryer hose and a remote firebox for the generator. Still curious as to a good source for the Bradley.
Thanks,
Tom

Thunder Fish

Tom I picked mine up at Save-on Foods with there points program.I think it was 15,000 points and $250.00.After looking around they run between $400.00-$450.00 else where.Check out and see the rewards catalouge on line.I got mine from there summer one.
 Check this forum,there is plenty of info on folks doing Lox with there Bradley.
Terry (Maple Ridge)
PS:Salmon season is very bad this year, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [;)]

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tsquared</i>
<br />Found the thread on cold smoking salmon by disconnecting the generator and using dryer hose and a remote firebox for the generator. Still curious as to a good source for the Bradley.
Thanks,
Tom
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Tom!

Try the Chez Bubba link. He sells everything for the BS and his prices are fair. You get a 10% discount on reordering the smoking pucks if you buy the BS from him. Customer Service is excellent. I just don't if he can ship to your area. Living in Texas I have to buy my salmon at Albertson's grocery store! Good Luck, you will love your BS.

BigRED

MallardWacker

Tom,

I would only consider ONE sorce for the Bradley.  That is Chez Bubba.  The guy that owns the company, Kirk, he and his wife are just wonderful folks.  You won't get ANY better service PLUS he gives you 10% off all your pucks for life.  There is no one better.

http://www.chezbubba.com/

The horror stories are well documented on this forum of folks trying to save a couple of $$.  He is fair and will stand behind anything he sells.  HTH

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

TT,
You will hear nothing but praise here for Chez Bubba's internet store and I agree with supporting him.

However, as one of the few <font color="red">Northern Brothers</font id="red"> here on the forum, I'm going to first direct you to the "dealers" link on the home page of this website.  Do a dealer search.  There are four places listed in Nanaimo you could phone.  If you're an internet shopper, Bubba will give fast delivery, no waiting around, but expect border costs and USD purchase price.

I believe Bradley's head office is in Burnaby, so you shouldn't have a difficult time finding a BS in BC...

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br />TT,
You will hear nothing but praise here for Chez Bubba's internet store and I agree with supporting him.

However, as one of the few <font color="red">Northern Brothers</font id="red"> here on the forum, I'm going to first direct you to the "dealers" link on the home page of this website.  Do a dealer search.  There are four places listed in Nanaimo you could phone.  If you're an internet shopper, Bubba will give fast delivery, no waiting around, but expect border costs and USD purchase price.

I believe Bradley's head office is in Burnaby, so you shouldn't have a difficult time finding a BS in BC...

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Actually, they just moved into a larger facility in Delta from their former place in Vancouver.

We have never sold a smoker to anyone in Canada, just "stuff". I won't pretend to remotely understand how the border tax thing works, I'm sure you Northerners know a lot better than I do.

We will charge you only for actual UPS, no handling, and certainly no charge for sevice.[;)] If customs tacks on something, that's up to you. But it seems odd to me that they could, being we're sending you a product that we bought from someone <b>IN CANADA</b>.

Thanks to all above for the positive commentary. Like I've said before, we only try to treat our customers like we'd like to be treated.

T2, If you don't buy one from us due to the border, that's cool. Just buy one, you won't be disappointed, they're great. The best smoked salmon I've ever tasted came out of a Bradley and that's why it's stickied at the top of the fish page.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

Thanks for the info guys. I started to think maybe I'll just go with the smoke generator as I'm familiar with setting up a remote firebox, but then I started exploring this site and read some of the recipes and results for pulled pork, etc. and that got me thinking maybe I should buy the whole shebang.It certainly seems easier than doing the  bullet shaped water bbq thing.
Tom

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />I won't pretend to remotely understand how the border tax thing works, I'm sure you Northerners know a lot better than I do.

We will charge you only for actual UPS, no handling, and certainly no charge for sevice.[;)] If customs tacks on something, that's up to you. But it seems odd to me that they could, being we're sending you a product that we bought from someone <b>IN CANADA</b>.

Thanks to all above for the positive commentary. Like I've said before, we only try to treat our customers like we'd like to be treated.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Kirk,
I'm only talking from experience in dealing with cross border stuff I bought on e-bay.  When your stuff hits the border, you get nailed with 1)duty on items valued over a certain amount, 2)an arbitrary flat fee for the priviledge of customs opening your package and inspecting it for "stuff", and 3)our most LOVED Canadian GST (goods and services tax) - don't think that you can ever dodge that 7% Canucks.  Oh, we can't forget the "broker fee" that some others have been kind enough to share with us their unpleasant experiences with, when using Brown.

I hope you feel that my comments were also "positive commentary".  I really do support your business because of the customer service you provide, and I appreciate your support here on the forum.  My point was simply to check for a "brick and mortar" store that might be close at hand, so that this member might make an informed decision about his purchase.

Respectfully,

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.