HCT

Oregon Scientific
Digital Wireless BBQ
Thermometer

$32.99
Item # 790005
Shipping & Handling included *

Qty:     

Sorry the pic didn't show up but the price is right and that's with delivery.

Know when the food is fully ready to eat-even from up to 100-feet away! No need to wait by the grill to find out when dinner is ready - this wireless thermometer alerts you when the meat has reached the perfect temperature.  Program your choice of seven entrees, choose the doneness desired and you're good to grill.

Digital LCD screen with remote wireless probe to identify temperature/readiness of meat
Temperature sensor range is 0°F to 199°F
Programmable entrée programs include beef, lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, and fish
Four doneness selections include rare, medium rare, medium, and well done
Four audio alert options let you know the status of your meal -  almost ready, ready, overcooked, and out-of-range
Audio alarm sounds when selected temperature is reached
Main unit will receive the probe signal from up to 100 feet away
Stainless steel probe detaches from sensor for easy cleaning
Low battery indicator
Includes:

Receiver with LCD screen
Wireless sensor
Stainless steel probe
100-feet transmission range
Detachable belt clip/table stand
Batteries: Main unit - 2 AA batteries; sensor - 2 AAA batteries
Specs:

Main unit: 2.5" x 1" x 4.5"
Sensor unit: 3.5" round
Probe: 7" long w/ 3.28' of cord

Update: Here's the link

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10043977&search=790005
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

HCT

I bought one a few years back that was similar to that from Radio Shack. The only draw back was you can't set the done tempurature, you can only use their preset doness temps. I read through the write up and it sounds like it doesn't allow you to set your own doness temp such as 195 for a butt.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

If you are in the market for a new remote probe the Maverick ET-7 it a great remote. I use mine more then the ET-73. You have two probes, both are for meat, but you can use one to monitor the cabinet temperature. It has preset temperatures, or you can set your own. It also has a clock and a timer and countdown timer. Another feature is that it has a standby mode, which turns off the display and saves battery life. The range is better then the ET-73.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Maverick-2-Probe-Wireless-BBQ-Oven-Thermometer/482138/product.html?searchtype=HP_Header&keywords=maverick%20et-7

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Has anybody ever tried the ET-901?

Here is a link to Mavericks page with it on it. The receiver portion has an external antenna on it. I wonder if the reception is improved?

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/et901.htm

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Scotty-G

Quote from: HCT on November 17, 2007, 05:21:41 AM
Oregon Scientific
Digital Wireless BBQ
Thermometer

I've got two of them and they are not very good.  Signal constantly gets dropped so they keep on BEEPING all the time as the signal gets reaquired.  I'm only 15 feet direct line of sight and this consistenly happens.
Have to be VERY careful with the probe wires as to tight of a bend raidus and the probe is done for and no longer gives accurate reading.  It's unprogrammable for temp setting.  When I smoke brisket and want to pull the flats at 185 I have to program the for turkey at 180 and wait till 185 - constant beeping during that time.

They do a pretty good job other than that.  When I use both of the them at the same time I have to be careful with tuning them to make sure that both monitors are not reading the same probe - that happened once.  When they no longer work will probably invest in something more stable and programmable - but not Oregon Scientific brand.  Their customer service is not to be desired much either.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on November 17, 2007, 03:01:11 PM
Has anybody ever tried the ET-901?

Here is a link to Mavericks page with it on it. The receiver portion has an external antenna on it. I wonder if the reception is improved?

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/et901.htm

Mike
Hi Mike;

The ET-901 looks interesting. I couldn't find what the range is. I down loaded the manual, but it's a poorly scanned copy, and difficult to read.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

Thanks Habs for the link to O. Great price and better features.
Thanks Scotty-G for the info.
I'm glad I posted this instead of just ordering it. I know one has to be careful with some of the stuff Costco offers.
probably the biggest"

West Coast Kansan

Mike, Had not seen the 901, thanks for the pointer. Antenna cant hurt. Maybe they read Lil S post  :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Stickbowcrafter