• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new here

Started by NESmoker, December 22, 2007, 12:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NESmoker

Hello All,

I've been lurking here a bit but this is my first post. I just got an OBS so I am new to the OBS but not new to smoking. I have had an offset and a bullet for a couple of years but I am really excited about the OBS! I have had my eye on them for a while and just got one as a present.

The only bummer is the bisquets have not arrived yet so I can't fire it up! With any luck they will show up on Monday and christmas dinner will be smoked. :)

So anyway, I just wanted to say a quick hello and merry christmas to everyone!

Can I borrow your towel?
                 My car just hit a water buffalo. - Fletch

Ontrack

Welcome to the forum. If you've been reading for awhile, you know there are a lot of great cooks on here that love to share their information. Hope you get your pucks in time for Christmas dinner, and Merry Christmas to you, too!

Mr Walleye

Good luck NESmoker and welcome to the forum!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Welcome NESmoker.......hopefully, Santa makes the trip in time to deliver the bisquettes, that would make it truly a wonderful Christmas!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

Welcome NEsmoker...lots of good stuff on this site...glad to have ya on board!! :)

NESmoker

Thanks everybody!  ;D
Can I borrow your towel?

NESmoker

WooHoo!!!!

I've got pucks!!!

I feel like Steve Matrin in the Jerk. "The new phone book is here the new phone book is here!", "I'm somebody!"

hehehehe

Got go smoke@!
Can I borrow your towel?

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly folks here who I know you will enjoy getting to know.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

THE NEW PUCKS ARE HERE THE NEW PUCKS ARE HERE  ;D

Welcome NESmoker

nepas

Consiglieri

THINGS ARE GOING TO START HAPPENING FOR ME RIGHT NOW...  Go get'em Navin.

Man, you're going to love this machine.  Can't wait for the post where you pro/con your old set up to the Bradley (and we know there's some stuff that's better off the bradley, like a smoke ring).

All the same, welcome and merry Christmas!
Consiglieri

Stickbowcrafter

Welcome aboard. As you have noticed, lots of friendly folks and great advice here. One of my favorite spots to visit on the web. Good luck with your new toy.

-Brian

LilSmoker

and NESmoker !

Now get that OBS seasoned, then the real fun starts

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

KyNola

Welcome NESmoker.  I can't add a thing to what the other guys have already said other than to ask a question.  Do you still have that cheesy grin on your face that the rest of us had when we opened our Bradley? ;D :D :)  Enjoy yourself and welcome to the forum.

KyNola

NESmoker

Again thank you all for the warm welcome!

I seasoned yesterday and then I threw on some pork loin chops, lamb, potatoes and a butternut squash. Not traditional smoker fare per se but it was what I had and no way I was going to wait, since I felt like a kid a Christmas :)

It came out really good. I was afraid the pork may dry out since the temp was s little low and they had to smoke for a little over two hours.  First thoughts are I am going to have a lot of fun with the Bradley!

I have a rib roast for dinner tomorrow and I think I'll smoke that for an hour or two before switching to the oven.

I am going to do the compare and contrast thread after I have had time to get comfortable, and do a few mods to the OBS :) (I am thinking PID and a timer circuit will make things perfect)

And yes, I still have that stupid grin. I'm off all week so I expect it will continue!

So again, thanks, and I look forward to sharing!

-NES

Now I need to befriend a few hunters to supplement my meat supply.
Can I borrow your towel?

bullhead

NESmoker welcome to the forum.
Your going to make alot of freinds here on the forum, and with your meat man. if you have a pig farmer close he is another person to befreind, some times they have one that brakes a leg and needs to get rid of. It takes about 4hrs work to take one from pen to smoker.just give the farmer some bacon or pulled pork at times they keep calling it works for me.