• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning inside of Bradley

Started by Fixitfanatic, January 14, 2008, 05:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fixitfanatic

After my first smoking this weekend of a Large turkey with I may add did not turn out too bad. I went to clean my bradley and after removing thr v-tray noticed some build up of grease above the heating element in the back. The grease is cooked and pretty hard. Should I make an attempt to clean this off or let it be? If I am to clean it, is anyone out there to suggest with what? I just do not want to damage the heating element after one use. Thanks alot........Dave
WHEN THERE'S SMOKING TO DO, I MUST'NT BE SLOW. SO IT'S HIP, HIP, HIP, AND AWAY I GO!

Mr Walleye

Hi Dave

What I would suspect it is, is moisture that accumulated on the back wall then ran down until the heating element evaporates the moisture out if it, leaving behind the crusties. Unless your turkey was sitting against the rear wall then it could be grease. If this was the case you want to avoid having anything touching the walls because the grease can run down into the heated causing a fire.

I would probably just give it a light scraping to remove the chunks. I know mine has a slight buildup there as well but I'm sure it's just moisture being vaporized because of the heat element.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Fixitfanatic

WHEN THERE'S SMOKING TO DO, I MUST'NT BE SLOW. SO IT'S HIP, HIP, HIP, AND AWAY I GO!

Stickbowcrafter

I prefer the "seasoned" look  ;D My racks, v-pan , bowl and bottom pan fit in the dishwasher. I wipe the door seal and the part of the unit where the seal meets after each smoke. Otherwise the rest of the inside is "seasoned".

-Brian

West Coast Kansan

Welcome to the forum,,, all as has been said above.  Be sure to keep you vent open to allow moisture to escape.  Open to a little more than is necessary to ensure no smoke is escaping between the generator and the tower where the generator attaches. With all birds I open it just a little more on top of that... moisture and smoke in the generator = bad things.  Good luck with the BS and post your experiences for all.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

coyote

Good to have you with us fixitfan...Remember...if it aint broke...don't fix it. Wellllll mabey just a little ;D

Coyote