• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Site problem

Started by Mr Walleye, December 22, 2007, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilSmoker

Yeah, i think Giz is right about the filter, as some pics can be used to spread a virus  ::)

However, there are still lots of errors that need fixing at this site, i realy don't know what's taking the Bradley IT guys so long to sort it?

I haven't had anymore mails from them, but they really should be on top of this by now, it seems there are java script errors, updates, and probably some security issues here that really need to be addressed  ???

If something doesn't happen soon, maybe i should ask them again  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I'm still having the problem of viewing avatars that are stored on the server Bradley is using, and still no preview. Also I still cannot upload an avatar.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

LS

I hit the "Report To Moderator" button on this thread back when I first started it. I did get an email from Bradley around Jan 3 or 4th similar to yours saying that their IT dept. was working on it.

Hopefully they get it sorted out.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Gizmo

I would suspect the reply is an automated response from anything that his that email so would not put a lot of store in what appears to be an automated response.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Any word on the site fix fron Bradley? I still can't see pictures or most avitars. Hopefully it's not the new computer I just received.

Habanero Smoker

The only problem I am still having is not being able to see the avatars on the server that Bradley is using, the preview does not work, and I can't change my avatar unless I post it on Photobucket. So far I've had not problems with viewing pictures.

The inability to view pictures my be related to your computer settings. I would go to another forum that you know of that post pictures and see if you can view the pictures on their site. If not, you would need to change your security settings in either your firewall or browser. I would start with the firewall. With ZoneAlarm I had to give permission to accept banners, pop ups, animations, 3rd party cookies, and private header information.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

LilSmoker

Hi Guys, it's definately an issue with this forum, as i am a member at other similar SMF forums and don't have this problem.

Also if you look at the foot of the page, it gives you version numbers, now these really need to be kept up to date, to keep ahead of security exploits, by the look of it, this site is very much out of date, and the date at the bottom is stating 2001-2005, it should at least be 2005-2007.

There also seems to be Java script errors, i can't understand why it's been allowed to get to this state?
The forum Admin would be notified of any updates and patches in the Admin console, and it only takes a few minutes to install the updates ::)

I'll mail them again, and ask if there's been any progress?

I'll post the replys here, this was the second reply i got, but nothing since:

Hi Steve,

I just heard back from out IT guys and they are aware of the problem and are working on it. Please see their response to me below:

"We are working on finding out why the "preview" does not work when one try to post a new message. Apparently, there is javascript error on that page.

Regarding upgrading the SMF to a current version, it will take some time for us to review.  Will get back to you on this."

I will keep you updated. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great day!

LilSmoker

LilSmoker

Just an update, here's a copy of the mail i've just sent:

Hi again Katie, I just wondered if there's been any progress with fixing the forum at all?
The issues over there are causing the members some problems now, and we'd appreciate somebody getting it fixed.

It's a fantastic forum, very busy, with a real community feel about it, and the membership is made up of some great and friendly people, who contribute to the wealth of knowledge at the site.

The site has been a great help to all Bradley customers, and we hope it will continue this way in the future.

So as you can understand, the site needs to be looked after, and kept up to date in order to function properly on a day to day basis.

Kind regards  Steve

I'll post any replies  ;)