• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No heat?

Started by ShadowNix, January 27, 2008, 03:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowNix

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts....

I just got my Bradley smoker about 8 days ago.  On day 1 I smoked some salmon at about 150 degrees...YUMMY.  I then was going to smoke some ribs today and I preheated and pre-smoked for 1 hour... and the temp never went over 90 F despite being on max heat.... the light is on for both the smoke and under the door by the sliding switch.  The heating element is TOTALLY COOL to the touch.  I checked the fuse and it is fine... HELLLPPP please.  I ended up cold smoking and then baking the ribs   :(   I think the heating element is bad...  if so, I am totally disappointed in the product quality.  Any thoughts on other fixes, besides replacing the element??? (HOPEFULLY they will ship a new one to me...)

Sad and disappointed in Washington,

Brian

Arcs_n_Sparks

Do you have the Original or Digital? If Original, did you have the slider all the way to the right? Sometimes that is a dead spot, and backing off a bit puts the juice back on.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Wildcat

Give a couple of things a try.  First disconnect all the power wires and then re-connect them.  Be sure they are all the way in.  Second is the light on at the power slide and the smoke generator?  If so, slide all the way to max temp and then back off just a little.  Some of the originals do not function very well with the slider all the way to max.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

Sorry sparky, we posted about the same time.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Wildcat on January 27, 2008, 05:22:58 PM
Sorry sparky, we posted about the same time.

Ah, great minds thinking alike...   :D

ShadowNix

Thanks for all the ideas.  I already plugged and unplugged everything to make sure.  Yes, the lil' orange light comes on beneath the door.  (It is an original, not a digital).  And I also backed it off from the far right... to no avail.  Left it in the middle for like 4 hours and I could touch the heat element...seems it is not working :(  Sigh...hope to hear from the bradley support/warranty folks soon (already sent the email...)

Brian

Habanero Smoker

It looks like the heating element never worked. Depending on the ambient temperature and the type of load, the smoke generator can get your cabinet up to 150°F by itself. Make sure the element did not become loose during shipment. Check and see if it is fully seated, then make srue the screws on the ceramic connectors are tight, but don't over tighten them or the connectors will break.

If that doesn't work, call Bradley. I've never used there support system, but I read that they respond faster by phone.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)