• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

After all these years...my first Sprig

Started by MallardWacker, January 18, 2008, 12:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

It is totally hard to believe...I harvested my first Pintail...after all these years.  Those you that have these around KNOW they can be a very hard duck to work and get close enough let alone put one in the dekes.

I consider myself somewhere between "HARDCORE" and "above average" hunter and not to have one of these in my bag is a bit of disgrace.  I have been in a group and "thought" I might have got one or two.  But this time I was well away from everyone and a couple decided to do the deed over my head.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Gizmo

A beautiful trophy there Mallard. 
I have only had one opportunity myself.  Unfortunatly when I went over to pick up the dead bull sprig, it surprised me by making it up out of the water and taking off.  My only shot from there would have been in the direction of other blinds.  The banded canvas back from Saskatchawan and the triple buffle heads were a good cure for the loss of the sprig. ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

bigredsmoker

Congrats Mallard. A beautiful Pintail. Are you having it mounted? If so post a pic of the finshed mount if ya could. I have seen a few shot around here, but have never shot one myself. Again, good job!!

Terry

Ontrack

Congrats Mallard -I used to live lakefront and saw a pair fly by a couple of times when I was fishing on the dock. The first time I didn't know what they were-a buddy that was with me told me. The second time I heard them coming, and by the time I looked up they were long gone. Anybody that can hit something that moves that fast deserves a trophy. :)