• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Water bowl question

Started by bigredsmoker, January 21, 2008, 02:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredsmoker

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes. What does everyone do with their water bowl water when the dispose of it? Do you just dump it somewhere in your yard? It's full of drippings so I was thinking it may attract every racoon in the area. I noticed that my dog was paying attention to where I had dumped some of mine in the past. Not sure I want her eating old puck juice. Any thoughts, or am I just being stupid?

Terry

car54

My go behind the bushes.

Brad

Tiny Tim

I usually dump it into a snow bank, but I'm working on a plan to get a metal can with holes in the bottom, put inside a larger one so the liquid flows out and the spent bisquettes dry, then send 'em out with the leaves in the fall (or more often if I smokes more next summer).

Ontrack

I sling it in the yard. It's a 5+ acre yard, so I never go the same place twice. The rain will eventually break them down, or the lawn mower will break them up.

Mr Walleye

Terry... Do the neighbourly thing... Throw them over the fence!

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Just kidding!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bigredsmoker

TinyTim, I like your can idea. I may have to look into doing that. My main concern is the grease drippings that collect with the water.
Mike, the neighbors dogs would love all that grease I'm sure. It would probably give the dogs a bad case of the sh*ts, and then they would smell hickory smoke on its breath and know exactly who is responsible. I guess it would serve them right for all the barking there dogs do. ;)

MoSmoke

I just dump mine on my compost pile at the corner of my garden. When I dump a load of grass clipping on the pile in the Summer the heat breaks down the grease and the pucks seem to fall apart pretty quick.
In the Winter I just make a hole in the middle and dump it in. Haven't had problems with the critters maybe they don't like the over smoked grease.

John
The Surgeon General may have been right, "Smoking is Addictive".

La Quinta

I dump ours...the water in the rocks... and throw the pucks in the garbage can (well what's left of the pucks). The dogs do a sniff...sniff...but move on to the lovely grass areas to poop or pee!!! :) It is a leetle different here!! Rock and grass!! No snow.

Habanero Smoker

Mine goes over the stone wall into the woods (man I hope my neighbor is not on this board). Surprisingly it does not attract any animals, at least none that I have observed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bullsi1911

If it's just water and burnt pucks, mine goes over the fence.  If it has lots of drippings, it goes in a trashbag and in the dumpster.  The coyotes already get close enough to the backyard as it is.