• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

just got it

Started by msn011, February 11, 2008, 03:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msn011

Ok I took the plunge, and got the Digital smoker. It showed up last Wed. and I unpacked it in the living room.  :o I was unable to do anything till this past Friday, when I ran it thru it's setup.

My folks and other family members came into town for the weekend and asked me to BBQ, not knowing I had just got the unit. They are use to me standing over a big a$$ smoker feeding it with wood all the time.

I did 2 Boston Butts @ 5lbs each. Hickory smoked.  Sat, night at 8pm I turned the unit on and set it for 220. It took about an hour to get to temp. Dry rub from smoke and spice, Mr. Brown. Smoked for 4 hours and cooked for another 9 hours. Took off at 6am, warped in foil, in cooler with JD in the foil.

At 5pm Sunday I pulled one of the butts from the cooler, and used a fork to pull. OH MY GOD, it was GREAT. Everyone went crazy, they said "you have it down".
I took the other butt into work today, and told people to stop by and taste....... with in 30 minutes I was gone.....

Thank you!!!!!

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome!, congrats on the new Bradley, and it's great to hear of your early success with the butts, and you've just made me very hungry!

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Ontrack

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. It looks like you're an old hand at smoking and new to the Bradley. This was my case as well. You will find that there are some "trial and error" smokes in your future, because the Bradley is a completely different animal. Just don't let the "error" part get you down, keep notes and learn from your mistakes. Read this forum, ask any questions you may have, and enjoy the food! It sounds like you are off to a great start. ;)

Mr Walleye

Welcome to the forum msn011.

Sounds like your smokin' right from the start!  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Way to go msn!!! Welcome and look forward to more successes!! :)

coyote

Welcome Msn011 , Sounds like you hit the ground Smokin'. :)

Coyote

Wildcat

Welcome and congradulations on your initial run MSN011.  Keep it going and post some photo's that we can drool over.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

msn011

Thanks guys.... Yea, I have been smokin for awhile, I really love it. I even took a stab at some of the cook offs down here in the Southeast.
I really look forward to more and more..... :P
One quick question for the group, I was going to build an enclosure for the Bradley. Has anyone else done something like this?? I thought it might help a bit when we do get a few cold nights down here, not to mention  keeping it dry!!! I picked up some plywood and 2x2's.
My next smoke will be cold, cheese !!!!! Can't wait, I'll make sure I get pics to go along with the write up.
Also working on a cherry baby back rib recipe. I have an apple based baby back rib one already. I might play some with ribs this weekend also.... Man I can see this is going to be costly  ;D but fun.

Ontrack

You will love the cheese. I had never even heard of cold smoking until I got the Bradley. Just don't give it too much smoke, and don't eat it for a week or so after it's smoked, and you can look forward to some great results.