Reveo Question

Started by gscheig, March 08, 2008, 06:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gscheig

I just received the one from SmokinMoe that she had for sale.  It looks brand new, but I am not sure it is sealing properly.  There were two canisters with it - one seems to work (I hear a very small "whoosh" when I open it), but the other lid comes easily off both canisters after vacuuming - indicating a bad seal.

I have seen some references to 15psi of vacuum - how do you know?  Also, can you buy new gaskets or something if you think the lids are not sealing?

I have the manuals, but they do not address this issue.

Great forum - I have been lurking and been very pleased with everything I have tried so far.

Greg

Mr Walleye

Hi Greg and welcome to the forum.

I would direct your question to Bryan at http://www.yardandpool.com/home.php

He is a member (BeGolf25) here on the forum and sells them. I know mine pulls a fair bit of vacuum. It sounds like there is a seal issue for sure but I wonder if there is any way to hook a vacuum gauge to it to make sure it is working properly. I'd shoot Bryan an email and see if he has any ideas or solutions.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

gscheig

thanks - any other suggestions out there?

Habanero Smoker

I would think that it is sealing alright, or the pump would continuously run during the vacuuming stage. So it sounds like a small leak that is allowing air to slowly leak back in. I would check to make sure the seal is fully seated, and make sure that the valve is closely securely. Their may be a piece of food lodge in the valve that is preventing a tight seal.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gscheig

OK - thanks for the tips - Reveo is sending new lids, so that should fix the problem.

Habanero Smoker

It good to learn that they provide such good service.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Glad to hear Reveo has such good support. I've had both of mine for a year or two and bought an extra canister from Yard and Pool and have been very satisfied with them. Nice little addition to the kitchen toys.