Easter Smokin

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 22, 2008, 11:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Am all alone this easter (Mrs nepas is in Ok City for 2 weeks on business) So i am going to smoke the following  ;D

1. boneless small ham
2. smoked skillit corn
3. southern style beans  :o

And for a beverage

Diet mt dew with jd

nepas

will post some pix too

mybad

Can't wait to see the pics!! ;D

La Quinta

Smoked skillit corn...sounds interesting! Share?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: La Quinta on March 22, 2008, 05:56:45 PM
Smoked skillit corn...sounds interesting! Share?

Ahhh

confusus say closely guarded secret  ;D

nepas   :D  :D

NePaSmoKer

I think what i will do is inject the ham around 9ish with some coke, a small ancho rub and give it 3 pucks of hickory @ 180 for 2.5 hrs and see how it comes out.

nepas

La Quinta

Ok...ok...what if I beg? :) I love corn...uh...can't live without it...uh...need a new recipe...and the ever popular...PLEASE? :)

NePaSmoKer

Boneless ham with home made rub.

Here is mr ham getting ready for a coke injection  ;D

And in the smoke he goes. 4 pucks of hickory @200 until IT of meat is @150* then FTC

A not about coke injecting pork! Dont inject until the pork is ready to smoke or you will get a gooy ham. And pre heat your smoker.

nepas

LQ

I will post a pic of the skillit corn later.

Here is the secret skillit corn recipe. You can adjust to how many people your serving.

Can of cream corn
dash of mexican paprika or other kind
dash of black pepper
dash of onion pwdr
1Tblsp bacon grease or 2 slices of crispy bacon chopped fine
diced red pepper (opt)
smoke with 2 pucks of hickory or cheat and use liquid smoke. smoker @ 150/160 until pucks are gone then you can pan it to the stove top.

Consiglieri

I don't know about the mountain dew/JD, but the rest of that menu sounds great.  I'll trust you on the beverage ;)
Consiglieri

NePaSmoKer

skillit corn for LQ

ham and corn smokin

wife called and asked what i was cooking, i said smoked easter everything  ;D  smoked mashed taters going in next  ;D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

whipped taters with everglades seasoning heading to the smoke. 1 puck only cuz taters take smoke fast. cat and carnie should know what everglades seasoning is ;D

nepas

La Quinta

Hey NePa...thanks...got friends coming...gonna do NePa"s smoked skillit corn for them...looks great! Thanks for the recipe!! :)

Gizmo

Got a cooking lesson on making Philippine shrimp fried rice.  Brought the video camera to capture the nuances that don't translate in a recipe card.  Was fun and the rice was great.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Gizmo on March 23, 2008, 10:49:36 PM
Got a cooking lesson on making Philippine shrimp fried rice.  Brought the video camera to capture the nuances that don't translate in a recipe card.  Was fun and the rice was great.

it sounds good Giz

nepas

Gizmo

Reheated fried rice leftovers went well with the grilled New York steak.  I was impressed with how well this dish reheats in the microwave.  Open dish, wet paper towl on top, nothing turned into rubber.  Taste was still there as well.  Going to try a high heat wok reheat to get a little crispy edges.  That should alter the flavor just a little and provide a little variety not that this couldn't be something you could eat several times a week just like it is.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/