• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pecan Cayenne Chicken (pics)

Started by mcanik, April 02, 2008, 07:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcanik

10 pcs chicken pieces. your choice
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
palm full pecans
sprig of rosemary
Preheat BS to ~200F
Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
Pat chicken pieces dry
Place chicken pieces in a large zip loc bag then add dry ingredients
Shake bag until chicken pieces are thoroughly coated
Place on rack in middle of smoker
Smoke for 2 hours with your favorite smoke
Finish off in oven preheated to 375F to crisp the skin
Serve hot with a beer of your choice and potato salad

I originally had 2 tbsp salt but found it too salty but otherwise great!. I am sure you can adjust all ingredients to your taste.
I used chicken thighs and apple biscuits for this smoke.

Before

After

Big Dawgg

Looks great, good job on the smoke.
Dawgg

Mr Walleye

Looks excellent mcanik!  8)

Smoked chicken thighs and beer.... does it get any better!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Nope...they look awesome...I'm with ya on the beer and chicken Fish Man Mike!! (Hope it's ok to call ya that...actually I was just thinkin about fish man!!!???) :)

Mr Walleye

LQ

I get called lots worse!  ::)  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

hotrod

looks great wow this late at night if it was the weekend i would light up the smoker and get the chicken going!!!!!  hey heres one anyone had issues with the gasketing at the top. It seems like two of the screws are pulling loose... only put two smokes thru it ... should I take it back and get a replacement?? any ideas

THANKS
Rod

mcanik

Glad I could share the recipe.
Enjoy!

Tiny Tim

Looks great.  Be pretty hard to beat the chicken thighs that Dad made last night though...OH my GOD they were good.

West Coast Kansan

Super pretty chicken, did you oven finish these?

Hotrod, are they actually loose or is the metal strip out of place?  Be sure the wash off the gasket and tower seal area. so it does not get sticky.  Soapy water and a cloth is all needed.

If your talking about the upper right corner of the door - it is pretty common and not much of a worry judging from my unit and photos posted here of other units. A picture on another thread would help.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

mcanik

West Coast Kansan

Very pretty, really does look great.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

mcanik

Those pics of the finished batch were before the 15 min finish in the oven. The BS did a good job with crisping somewhat but just to get it good, I stuck em in the oven! Actually, the oven cracked and shrunk the skin quite a bit.

Snyd

La Quinta

Ok...mcanik...I'm goin to the store and get a boatload of thihgs...rub and nut recipe looks awesome...I'm hungry and just ate dinner!!