• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pastrami

Started by Franco, December 02, 2004, 09:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franco

Is there a definitive recipe for pastrami out there?

Franco

www.sausagemaking.org

www.sausagemaking.org

BigSmoker

Best I know pastrami is a cured brisket that is slow smoked after the curing process is complete.  Apply no smoke and its corned beef.
I've never made one but I have a maple cure that I'm sure would work.  Maybe over the holidays[:)].

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Ian

Good evening Franco:  
try this link, it's time tested and makes a very nice product and on his site, Randy walks you through the process step by step: http://www.randyq.addr.com/    Scroll half way down the page and you'll see it.  Hope this helps. [8D]

Ian(GO STEELERS!!!)

Oldman

I went to this Randy's site. A lot of good information. He has done a great job of explaining in clear details.  However, he and I would mix up some word over this quote of his: [}:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If your cooker involves an ELECTRIC heating element, I'm sorry but you have an OVEN!!! (Try alt.food.cakes) *chuckling* I couldn't help it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'll put my Bradley up against anything he got! I've owned and used everything he has shown on that site. I'm not saying his smokers are not good--they are great within their limitations. However, without a doubt I'll bet dollars to donuts he's never even tried a Bradley.

Do I use other grills/ smokers? Yepper! I have a green egg, regular gas grill, a webber, and two radiant gas grills...one of them sell for a couple thousands dollars. I know the Bradley can do everything he can and a lot more that he cannot do with his current listed smokers. With that said and to stay within his gene of a thought-line <b>*chuckling to myself* I have always found closed-minded-people amusing.</b>

He is correct about corncobs and hickory making a sweet smoke, but I don't agree with him that they are the sweetest. I believe the sweetest smoke comes from the type of orange trees that produce a juice orange--not an eating orange. Of course this is only my humble opinion. [:D]

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Ian

Good Afternoon DoW,
As you mentioned before my friend, the Bradley is a refined smoker. You and him are only trying to acheive the same end through different means. Him a BBQ, and you a Bradley. Who's final product would be better, is solely dependant on each individual. Now I'm sure his comment was meant in a jokingly manner. For you and I are old enough to know that on many boards, "it ain't Que unless those sticks are burning." In some circles even charcoal is looked down upon, and electricity well I'll leave that to your imagination.[:D]

P.S., Orange trees eh? I've got neighbors who swear the sweetest smoke comes from the dried vines of there world class ice wines, to the point where catering a gig at there wineries, these vines are a must! Go figure!!![8D]

Ian
<b>( GO STEELERS !!!!!!!)</b>

Chez Bubba

I've posted this before but am too lazy to look for a link. I saw a show on the Food Network 6-9 months ago where they followed about 6 or 7 professional "Q"-teams around the country for all the different festivals.

Sure, they all came ridin' into town with their gazillion-dollar-forty-foot-penis-envy-specials. But what really got me was, they showed 3 of the teams using a Bradley to cook the entries to turn into the judges!

Obviously they know how to make money AND win contests![;)] Just gotta have all the right equipment.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Ian

Chez: This kind of reminds me of the egg wars a few years ago.[:D] Anyhow that forty foot penis envy special , was that by any chance Fast Eddie's?  So you're saying different festivals, so I'm assuming that's fairs and rib fests because it would'nt have been any sanctioned events and to the best of my knowledge none of the 68 teams at the Jack this year or even the 472 teams at the Royal were able to use a Bradley(unfortunetly).[:(] Maybe some year.

Ian (GO STEELERS!!!)[8D]