new rub

Started by beefmann, May 17, 2008, 05:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

hey everyone ... wanted to share a new rub that i have had good luck with that has a lil kick of heat in it.. if you  wish give it a try.

the people that i  have offered my  smoked food to ( beef  ribs, tri tip, pork shoulder, pork ribs, chicken, and salmon) all have loved  it.

BEEFMANN SPICY SEASONING   Table spoon
ANAHIEM CHILE POWDER                  1
BLACK PEPPER                                 1
CINNAMON GROUND SAIGON 6 %    1
CUMIN                                               1
GRANULATED SUGAR                     1
BROWN SUGAR                                1
GROUND MUSTARD                              2
HUNGARIAN  PAPRIKA                     2
SEA SALT                                      2
THYME                                              1
GRANULATED GARLIC                     1
CAYENNE  PEPPER RED 40 K        1

hope that everyone enjoys and this recepie can easily  modified to everyones taste, if you  like  more spicy  hot  add more cayenne pepper or black pepper... if you  like it  sweeter  add  more  sugar or cinnamon .

enjoy

tsquared

That looks like an interesting rub, beefmann--what is Saigon cinnamon?
T2

huhwhatliar

Quote from: tsquared on May 17, 2008, 09:37:02 PM
what is Saigon cinnamon?
T2

Saigon Cinnamon is considered to be the finest quality cinnamon due to the oil content runs higher than other cinnamons. It also has a distinctly sweet flavor as compared to other types.  It has a darker color than other cinnamon.

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

HCT

Looks nice, will give it a try on next brisket...............or ribs.................or butt............or, well you get the picture. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

beefmann

huh hit the nail on the head as reguards to the cinnimon better  quaility , darker and has more oil content.

I do get my  spices from spice barn  though there are others out there most are good I do feel that spice barn has the most spices and herbs available in one  location.