• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky Again (For The Newbies)

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 23, 2008, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have a couple pnds of jerky going right now. Will post a pic in awhile for those of you who are just starting out makin Bradley jerky.

nepas

Chickenfarmers Wife

Thank you!  Looking forward to seeing this!
~Jana~

La Quinta

pensrock

NOT me, everything Nepas makes looks so damm good I have to run to the store to pick up meat so I can try it for myself.
Looks like I need to pick up some shrimp as well as jerky meat for this weekend.  ;D ;D ;D

But really I do want to try the shrimp however I'm planning to do a pork butt this weekend so the jerky will have to wait.  :)

FLBentRider

I've got some to do today, if I can remember to take pictures....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Ok kids

Here is a full BS jerky treat. Done with my old Amish recipe and a splach of Jack..... 1 for the jerky, 2 for me   ;D

The meat of choice is LB, around 2 3/4pnds so i end up with around 1 2/3 jerky due to shrinkage. I used 4 pucks of hickory @200* then dropped the box temp to 150* as not to over cook it. Remember it didnt get into the big C dehydrator this time. When i can bend it without breaking its done. Total time 4 hrs. Sitting at room temp for 1.5 hrs now and getting ready for some potassium nitrate.

Remember to rotate your racks if you dont have a fan. No water in the pan, vent full open. Its not a SET IT AND FORGET IT thing like that Ron dude on tv.

I would share my Amish recipe but then i'd havta kill ya  ;D or atleast cyber slap ya HAHAHA

enjoy

nepas

TYPO ERROR.......Total BS time is 4 hrs.

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Looks great as always Nepas.  :) I would not have thought you could do a batch of jerky completely in the BS in only four hours.  ??? That's what I love about this place (besides meeting a group of great people) you learn something new just about every day.

LOL Mike!

I'll have to try the Amish recipe sometime, I'm assuming its the one that had been posted here earlier?  ??? Now thanks to Mike I do not even have to find it.  ;D
I know one should never ass-u-me anything but it did sound quite different than any other jerky I have done, and the JD is a good touch as well.   8)

NePaSmoKer

Well hit me with a wet sock monkey  :o

LQ.............................ROOT BEER JERKY

nepas

tsquared

So now we know the Amish recipe--what does LB stand for?
T2

pensrock

t2, I think LB means... London Broil.

La Quinta

I knew it NePa...Huh...clued me in...gave the the secret recipe!!!