• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Carnie1's Jamacian Hot Pepper Shrimps

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 23, 2008, 08:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Carni1 brought me in some of his shrimps.. Gotta tell ya that they are AWSOME.

Have them on the barby  ;D

nepas

carnie1

;D Glad you liked em, BTW I think I might have sold an OBS for ya went back in the store Tue night for a few things and was walkin by the Bradleys, saw a guy lookin' and I said its a good unit, well 20 minutes later after a long talk (I mentioned your name too) I think he was gonna buy. Will and try to get in over the weekend I did pick up that 6 rack Digital, hope to fire it up this weekend.

NePaSmoKer

was at the cave yesterday and they only had 2 of the 6 racks left. the scratch and dents dont hurt the operation at all.  BTW TY for the shrimps, i ate em all  ;D  was a little to hot for the wife  :o

nepas

westexasmoker

Hey nepas

You've just added shrimp to my menu for this weekend, how did you do those?  I usually do the tequila, lime shrimp which are fab, but I like the hot stuff!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 23, 2008, 09:08:17 AM
Hey nepas

You've just added shrimp to my menu for this weekend, how did you do those?  I usually do the tequila, lime shrimp which are fab, but I like the hot stuff!!

C

Carnie1 made em for me. But i do have his recipe below.

Jamacian Hot Pepper Shrimp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are good, first time I made em I ate the whole pot so make extra

4 scallions chopped
6 cloves garlic crushed
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 scotch bonnet or habanaro chiles stemmed and chopped
2 TBS salt
1/2 tsp finely ground pepper
1 TBS Allspice berries (dried, in the spice section)
18 large shell on shrimp
generous dash of rum

In a large pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add all ingredients except shrimp and rum cover, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. add shrimp and rum remove from heat , Let shrimp to cool in pot to room temp about 2 hours, drain and eat
PS I've thrown some king crab legs and claws in the pot too and they come out just dandy.

wtm

they are fantastic with the sauce he had for me too   ;D

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: carnie1 on May 23, 2008, 08:59:33 AM
;D Glad you liked em, BTW I think I might have sold an OBS for ya went back in the store Tue night for a few things and was walkin by the Bradleys, saw a guy lookin' and I said its a good unit, well 20 minutes later after a long talk (I mentioned your name too) I think he was gonna buy. Will and try to get in over the weekend I did pick up that 6 rack Digital, hope to fire it up this weekend.

I forgot to get back to you on this. I've made 3 different batches. The first batch I threw in some ears of corn; bad mistake, but the shrimp were good. The second batch I reduced the salt, and I preferred that much better. The third batch I used Captain Morgan, with gave it a different taste.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker

No corn, but OMG this stuff is amazing...you gotta like a little heat, but it's not that bad....Thanks nepas, carmie1... add this to your list of things to do!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!