• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temp for pulled pork

Started by flipperz71, June 12, 2008, 06:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flipperz71

What is the ideal internal temp for pulled pork?  Some say 165, others say higher....

flip

Tiny Tim

If you're using a temp of 200-210, you can pull it easily when IT is 175.  I think higher cook temp would relate to the 185-195 that a lot of people use....the ones I've taken that high seemed kinda mushy to me, and I've always cooked them in the 200-210 range.

icerat4

195 ftc and your good to go. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Consiglieri

185-190 for me for pulling.

Some people who like chunks or slices do 165F, I hear. 
Consiglieri

iceman

Quote from: Consiglieri on June 12, 2008, 12:34:36 PM
185-190 for me for pulling.

Some people who like chunks or slices do 165F, I hear. 

Yeppers bout that temp for me too.  ;D

Smoking Duck

I usually smoke mine at 200-210.  I take it to 190-195.  At that point, it's like butter.  I never have to bring a utensil anywhere need the pork and that's awesome to me.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Habanero Smoker

If you keep the cabinet temperature around 200°F, take them out when the internal temperature hits 175°F. I do not FTC, and just either wrap or loosely tent after splashing some apple juice on it. They pull easy.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I try to keep my tower temp ~200F - I pull them @ 190 and FTC them for at least an hour.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Wildcat

I do mine similiar to Habs.  I only FTC butts anymore if it will be awhile till dinner time after the cooking process.  They will stay hot just resting wrapped in foil for a couple of hours.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

I'm with Habs and Wildcat on this one.  Just did 2 butts at 210 degrees.  At 180 IT wrapped them in foil and laid them in an unheated microwave oven for a couple of hours just to hold them.  Two hours later, too hot to handle and just fell apart.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

And the beauty of pulled pork is that you can find what works best for you.......there are many ways to get where you want to go with it.......now, you just have to convince Momma that all the pork butt you're buying is for experimentation purposes to find out what is truly the best temp to take your pulled pork to....You get to eat all the experiments......smoking foods is awesome that way.  I just convince my wife that it's a long, tedious process that I'm doing for the good of the family  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

flipperz71

Thanks so much for the replies.  I will post my results on the 21st....

flip

West Coast Kansan

flip, looking forward to the results.  :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)