• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OBS Newbie

Started by lakestatefishing, June 16, 2008, 05:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakestatefishing

Good evening Bradley Smoker owners! I am officially a Bradley Smoker owner as a few hours ago. I'm about as excited as when I purchased my 1st boat. ;D I've been doing my research and came to the conclusion that Bradley electric was the way to go. My buddy has a 6 rack digital Bradley that I have been jealous of since he got a few months ago. I decided to save some money and do some mods myself. As I type this, the Bradley is on the picnic table seasoning before I do some meat tonight.

Oh, I purchased my 4 rack black at Gander Mountain in Eden Prairie, MN for $350. Cabelas has them priced online regular price $300. I showed Gander the Cabelas website on my "smart phone" and they honored the Cabelas price. Very good deal! Stopped at the grocery store on my way home and picked up some roasts for jerky, a ham, chorizo sausage, a beef brisket, 2 cornish game hens, and some cheeses. I may thaw out some salmon and trout I have in the deep freeze.

Anyway, I look forward to contributing on this forum and learning some tips and tricks.

Thanks!

Minnesota Fishing Reports www.lakestatefishing.com

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Fun times ahead.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Welcome LakeState.
Eden Pararie, been a few years since I been through there.
Hope you folks are getting too wet there as in Iowa. 
Is your buddy a forum member?  If not, you need to have a serious talk with him.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

lakestatefishing

Quote from: Gizmo on June 16, 2008, 08:39:00 PM
Welcome LakeState.
Eden Pararie, been a few years since I been through there.
Hope you folks are getting too wet there as in Iowa. 
Is your buddy a forum member?  If not, you need to have a serious talk with him.   :D

He isn't a member, but he spends a lot of time on here reading the forums.

It's a shame whats going on down in Cedar Rapids. There is bad flooding in Southern Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. Obviously Cedar Rapids is the worst hit. I read online that Minneapolis and Saint Paul have dispatch police by the request of Iowa's governor to help keep out looters and keep things under control. I'm sure the cops in Cedar Rapids are having a tough time with their own homes destroyed. Hopefully things get better soon.

Gizmo

Well then welcome buddy of of LakeStatefishing.  Don't be shy.  Lot of midwestenerns here and a bunch that here that used to be. 
I use to live a few miles south of you on 169 just south of the MN/IA border.  There are a few others here from MN as well.  Looks like the midwest can get a few folks together for the Midwest smoke out coming to a town near you (where ever you plan it anyway).   8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

lakestatefishing

Wow! This thing is slick. I pity the charcoal smoker owners. The Bradley eliminates the hassle and makes it fun.

I got a brisket, chorizo sausage, a ham, and 5 lbs of garlic pepper jerky. The chorizo sausage and the ham are done. Just got done slicing up the ham. The sausage and the ham are to die for! Yum.

Smoking Duck

Welcome, Lakestatefishing!  This is an awesome place to learn a lot of stuff about smoking and darn good people here.  I'm a midwesterner myself, living in Indiana.  The spousal unit is from North Dakota, so I know what type of weather you deal with.  The beauty of living up in Minnesota is that for a good portion of the year, doing cold smokes will not be a problem at all for you.

Welcome again!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Tiny Tim

Welcome.  I'm a neighbor from the South...but on dry ground.  I'm on the good side, in Western Iowa, near Denison.

Hope you enjoy the smoker (not to mention the food that comes out of it).