• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Puck pusher not working !!!

Started by hollyandtheivybhx, June 13, 2008, 01:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollyandtheivybhx

Our Bradley has been working well until a couple of days ago when the "pusher" does not 100% of then time push the pucks along ontop the hotplate. Any ideas ??? or should I contact Bradley in the UK for a replacement ??  :'(

manxman

Quoteshould I contact Bradley in the UK for a replacement ?? 

I had two faulty generators, the first one had a faulty drive motor and the second one had a faulty mechanical arm mechanism which pushes the pucks.

John Watkins at Grakka, the UK agent, sorted it out very quickly and they sent out new ones without question. The third one has worked fine for around 3 years now..... I would get it changed under warranty.  :)

Manxman

Gizmo

If you are a little handy with a screw driver, take the smoke generator apart and check to make sure the back slide area is clear of puck particles, smoke residue and dirt.  The pusher plate can stick quite easily and it doesn't take much for it to miss a cycle.  I recently cleaned mine as it was sticking.  The smoke gen still skips a cycle or two so I do have to keep an eye on it.  Mine is almost 2 years old and I haven't called Bradley to see if there is an electrical/electronic reason for the occasional skips.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

I agree the best approach is to let Bradley make it right.  You will be parts ahead. 

Giz, are you skipping because it does not cycle or because the pusher just does not pull back all the way?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

hollyandtheivybhx

Thanks all for the helpful comments guys regarding the issue. I have sent a note to John at Grekka and hope he replys quickley as I need the smoker to be operational again asap as the business needs to keep production of the smoked Chutneys up as they are selling very well here in the UK.

Wish though I could get some over the pond to you guys in the US !!!!!  ::)

Lin

KyNola

Giz and I are in exactly the same boat.  Mine started skipping or only partially advancing.  I opened it up and cleaned out the particles.  While it is operational again, I too have to keep an eye on it as it occasionally skips a cycle.  I no longer trust it to function without me there to watch it.  The upside is if you have to keep a watchful eye on your smoker, you must keep yourself properly hydrated with cold Rocky Mountain Spring Water that has been properly flavored with hops. ;D

KyNola

hollyandtheivybhx

No contact from Grakka UK regarding the e-mail sent regarding the fault. I tried to phone, but they are only open between 9:00 - 15:30 which is not very good as I dont get home till after then. I though I might have had an e-mail reply from him though  :'(

Lin

manxman

QuoteI though I might have had an e-mail reply from him though

On the one occasion I have had a delay in getting a reply John was away on business in the US / Canada, however someone should be picking them up if he is going to be away for any length of time and cannot pick up remotely or he should leave an out of office alternative contact.

The email addresses I have are:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

if that gives you any you don't already have?

Manxman

hollyandtheivybhx

WHAT A COMPANY FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION !!!!!! Had a call from Grakka this morning asking what the issue was with the smoke generator. Without any further conversation "Sir a replacement will be with you tomorrow" WHAT SERVICE !!!! Thanks Grakka and Bradley   :)

Lin

manxman

Manxman

hollyandtheivybhx

This is service !!!! New unit arrived today as promissed  :)

Thanks Grakka & Bradley

Lin

iceman

Great to hear the good news hollyandtheivybox.