• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoking in the winter

Started by KDX, December 08, 2004, 09:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDX

Hi. I was considering buying a BS and was wondering how cold was too cold for smoking. Would 20-30C below zero be too cold out to use the smoker if it was placed in a shed so that wind chill wasn't a factor? It would be used mainly for jerky and fish. Thanks in advance.

nsxbill

Go for it.  I don't get that cold here near Placerville, but other folks who do still smoke year round.  It is a great smoker and your only regrets will be you didn't act earlier to get it.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Andy

Where do you live.

I have at 9500 ft...we have 20 plus inches of snow already....and I smoked last weekend.  takes a bit longer...and the temp does not get really hot....but i had no problems...of course my heat was 3/4 to 7/8 full all the time.

SmokinLarry

I live in Iowa where it gets really cold and have had no problems maintaining 200-220 Deg.

Be a good time to smoke some bricks of Cheddar Cheese.

Go for it.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andy</i>
<br />Where do you live.

I have at 9500 ft...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think the question should be where do you live ANDY?

If you don't mind tell us a little about yourself.  What do people do at 9500ft, you don't have to fill us in on the private stuff.  With that much snow already, I could only think of a couple things and I'm sure one of them is smoking.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Andy

Frisco..COlorado...I wish I skied and boarded all day...and fly fished all day in the summer...but you got to have a job to live up here....

We got about 20 inches of snow so far...we average about 275 to 300...lets go snow..keep those trout streamsfull of water for my fishies....

My main hobby is trout fishing...witha  fly rod...afterthat...you can hike the mountains...snow sports...even mountain bike..great place tolive...and my new hobby...Smokin'