• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My First Time

Started by LBird33, July 29, 2008, 05:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBird33

This past weekend, I used my Original Smoker for the first time.  I am a Chef and I have some real BBQ restuarant experience and my friend who worked with me is also a chef with BBQ experience.  Still we were a little worried about how everything would go especially since I was cooking for my company office party of 40 people.  It had to go right.  And boy did it!!!

The first day, we cooked 50 45 pounds of Brisket.  We alternated mesquite and applewood bisquettes.  We rubbed the meat with mustard and seasoned it up with a famous BBQ Champions's Spice Rub.  We loaded up the machine and let it rip.  It did take about 2 plus hours to get to 150 degrees and then several more before to get to 200 degrees.  We were patient.  We closely watched the machine.  We changed the water in the drip pan.  The key was really just to let it do its thing and be patient.  We expected it to go all day.  Once the oven hit 200, we knew we were on our way.  After 12 hours we pulled it and it was marvelous.  We both agreed it was arguable the best brisket we have ever had.  We couldn't wait to do pork butt he next day.  We repeated the process and did 35 pounds of pork butt.  After 10-11 hours, it was ready to come out.  We let it rest then we pulled the meat.  Again, the flavor was ridiculous.  Many people at the party said it was the best BBQ they ever had.  We also did portobellos and hot smoked salmon which were both great.  I hope the machine holds up!  Maybe we got lucky.  I expected more trouble based on the many posts I've read here.  Pics to follow if someone can tell me how to insert them.

deb415611

Welcome LBird33

If you look at the 6th post on this page  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=7553.15   FLBentRider did a little tutorial on how to post pictures.

Deb

Mr Walleye

Welcome to the forum LBird!

Congrats on your first of many great smokes!  ;)

You're right, you can't rush great BBQ... It's done when it's done.

Great job!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

car54

Lbird33,

It sounds like you had a great smoking experience withe the Bradley. The Bradley should hold up. I believe that I have had my for over 3 years with no problems. If there is a problem Bradley will stand behind their product. Keep on posting.

Brad

LBird33

Ok, here are my pics. The first 3 are Pork Butt and the bottom 3 are Brisket.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum LBird33!

Congrats, that is some fine looking Q
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Geez, LBird that looks awesome...I supposed my work here is done! Im still the mesquite promoter  ;D  You'd think I'm gonna gettin a kick back!  lol No more need for me...lol Looks great! Can't wait to see more!  And Welcome to the forum!  Oh yeah, well you used mesquite!...thats my job!    ;D   ;D   ;D !

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

westexasmoker

I was just about to go to bed and thought....self 'ya'll put mustard on your beef'.....why?  Pork I understand, but beef that is a no no?......Maybe I should just go to bed, with my mesquite wrap in hand!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

HCT

Welcome. Great looking bbq.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

bigcatdaddy

LBird,

Great looking first smoke on the Bradley.  Many more to come I assure you!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceman

Fantastic job LBird!!!  :) :) :)

La Quinta

Wow LBird...well done!!!  :o Awesome looking grub!! Welcome! Very kool that you're a chef as well!!  :)

KyNola

Welcome aboard LB!
Great first experience.  That just makes you want to smoke something else immediately doesn't it?

KyNola

West Coast Kansan

Thanks, for sharing that spread.  Looking forward to many more posts from your experience.  Welcome here.   :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)