• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The Brisket from H*LL

Started by Oldman, August 09, 2008, 09:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Put two Deckels on last night 6:30 pm @190F This morning @ 7:30 I move the temp up to 205F. At this writing 12:40 pm the temp is only 154F.. If I place the thermomenter in the center fat section it drops to 144F.

Strange briskets to say the least. I've now moved the temp to 210F. I will see what happens in the next 3 hours.

Photos to follow. BTW this PID controller is great.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Tell ya what I think... the briskets instead of being choice grade are some poor utility grade beef. Pulled them a couple of hours ago and called it quits on them.  Flavor is ok, but meat is tough. Total time in smoker was about 22 hours. This is for a total of 10 pounds before I trimmed a couple of pounds off of fat.

Well I know what the dogs will be eating for the next few day.  It kind-of ticks me off as I've smoked enough brisket not to have this happened due to operator error.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

West Coast Kansan

Bummer, every now and then we get a steak in the heart.  Sometimes they will trim off the stamp and you really cant tell even with the whole packers. 

I too am doing a brisket (but just the flat) now pastrami style.  It looked bad but hoping for a positive outcome with real thin slices  :-[ Sometimes there is a pleasant surprise.

Next time  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

pensrock

Too bad Raye, that has to suc*. 22 hours only to find out its still tough.  :(

FLBentRider

Bummer, Sometimes it is the steers fault.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Grayghst

Now you guys have me starting to worry. I am about to start a flat and point to be eaten tomorrow. They both look good, but now I an thinking. Oh well I will be starting them in about 30 minutes. We'll see.

westexasmoker

I'm with FL moo......bad cow...bad cow...! Should of used mesquite!!    ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Grayghst

Well I finished the brisket about 8am. Then FTC until about 2pm. They were great. The flat was a little dry, but still good. The point turned out great. The inlaws were here from MD and have never had brisket. They are now hooked and talking about buying a Bradley.