Bisquette Identification

Started by rcger, October 08, 2008, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcger

I wish there was some way to ID the flavor of the bisquette by looking at it.  I have some different flavors laying around and have no idea what's what.   ???  Perhaps Bradley could use some different color dyes that wouldn't impart any flavor to help with this.  Oh well.  It's just a thought.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Habanero Smoker

No! No! No! No dyes. :)

Visually I can distinguish hickory and mesquite, but rest are too difficult. Apple, Maple and Special blend look the same to me, and pecan and oak are too similiar for me to tell them apart. When I don't use the whole package, I place the left over bisquettes in a quart sealable plastic bag, and put the recipe card in the bag also so I can tell which flavor it is.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteWhen I don't use the whole package, I place the left over bisquettes in a quart sealable plastic bag, and put the recipe card in the bag also so I can tell which flavor it is.

I do a similar thing, I either use a resealable bag as HS does or vacuum seal them if I am not likely to use that particular flavour for a while, both with the recipe card in.   :)
Manxman

Gizmo

Quote from: manxman on October 09, 2008, 01:49:16 AM
QuoteWhen I don't use the whole package, I place the left over bisquettes in a quart sealable plastic bag, and put the recipe card in the bag also so I can tell which flavor it is.

I do a similar thing, I either use a resealable bag as HS does or vacuum seal them if I am not likely to use that particular flavour for a while, both with the recipe card in.   :)

I do something similar.  I leave the unused in the original packaging with the card and vacuum pack.  Keeps them from soaking up moisture and crumbling apart from handling.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

I am not so organized, so I put unknown pucks into a ziplok grabbag. Mix in with whatever you are smoking and it's all good! There are no bad ones in my opinion and the mix has been tasty so far.

La Quinta

I do the same thing...put them in a ZipLoc bag with the recipe card attached so I know what I have left of what wood...(Don't need to vac them where we live...plenty dry) Works out well if you just need smoking time for a little load (like veggies)...or a big load of a strong meat that won't get fussy with multiple flavors.

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

Ditto here - broken packages get put in a sandwich size bag, and a gallon size bag for the sandwich bags.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Or just use one flavor for everything, like some people do (not sure who that would be)  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

My five year old will only eat peanut butter sandwiches for lunch at school. Coincidence ?  :o

;D ;D ;D ::)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Sausage Maker

why not use your mystery pucks as bubba pucks?
soylent green is people

beefmann

i put my  pucks in a sealed tupperware type  container that  I  have  labbled as to what  puck it  is ,,, and  has had no problems with moisture of  anykind in 18 months and they are  left outside in a storage cabinate next to the  smoker..

also the containers can hold 15 pucks each ..  plenty of room though there is the typical droppings in  handling ... what can i  say

Smokin Soon

I have always saved my droppings into a Tuppy for use in my Weber. Lately, been dropping into a tuna can for the final crisp on poultry, [another post on crispy skin]. Waste not, times are tough!