• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

grond meat jerky

Started by love the smoke, September 18, 2008, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

I am ready to get some ground meat jerky going, but does anybody know approximately how much ground meat per tray I don't want to prepare 2-4 pounds and find out I can only hold 1 pound in my OBS 4 rack

Thanks LTS
LTS

Gizmo

I can't help you on ground.
Generically, it would depend on how thick your extrusions are.  If you get a second set of racks you can invert a set and do double.  Helps if you get the hi-temp screens as well, especialy if you use ground.  Not for the hi-temp but for the small holes and super easy clean up.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

love the smoke

I have the high temp screens already and yes I do love them for clean up and they should work good for the ground (small holes )

LTS

Randy
LTS

Mr Walleye

LTS

I think if I remember correctly 4 racks will hold about 3.5 lbs of ground jerky. I usually use 8 racks (4 racks inverted) with around 7 lbs. I'm at work right now so I'm going by memory.  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Buck36

I usually get seven pounds of ground on eight racks as well. I only have four racks in the smoker at once though. After smoking I throw them in the dehydrator and then start smoking the second batch.

I need to buy a second set to use like Mr. Walleye does. It would definitely save on pucks!

Mr Walleye

Thanks for confirming that Buck. I was going by memory... and sometimes that not so good.  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

love the smoke

Thanks alot guys

Now I can get started on the jerky after work  ;D ;D

LTS
LTS

La Quinta

WHERE'S THE FREAKIN HOT DOGS!!!  :)

love the smoke

lets see .............pulled pork,beef brisket,jerkey,almonds .....................or hot dogs  ::)

LTS

Soon
LTS