Another Batch Of Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 05, 2008, 01:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have 10 lbs of jerky marinating right now.

This 5 lbs is in a liquid marinade of my own makings. Ths salt is bleeding the meat

The other 5 lbs is going to be drunk  ;D Just getting 2 Tbls of  grain  ;D I hope it dont catch fire

Jerky meat for the drunk juice

nepas

westexasmoker

Dang Nepas...Everclear!  I feel woozy now, reminds me of high school and Kool-aid!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Looks good NePas!  8)

I did 15 lbs of jerky on Friday, 20 lbs of bacon on Saturday, and I have dinosaur bones in right now. This is the first time for me on the beef ribs. They're 2 racks from the prime rib and look great. ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: westexasmoker on October 05, 2008, 01:15:43 PM
Dang Nepas...Everclear!  I feel woozy now, reminds me of high school and Kool-aid!  ;D

C

I better not eat and drive.................. :o

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Mr Walleye on October 05, 2008, 01:19:09 PM
Looks good NePas!  8)

I did 15 lbs of jerky on Friday, 20 lbs of bacon on Saturday, and I have dinosaur bones in right now. This is the first time for me on the beef ribs. They're 2 racks from the prime rib and look great. ;)

Mike

You using high mountain on your jerky.

I need to make more bacon soon too. Let me know how the ribs come out. I have 70 lbs of beef ribs coming to me from a friend. I might have to but another freezer for the garage  :D

nepas

Mr Walleye

70 pounds!   :o

Ya gotta like that!  ;)

I used a product that is available here that's from JB Sausage. They have quite a few varieties and is very similar to High Mountain. I usually use the original, then add a little more black and white pepper, sometimes some jalapeƱo powder.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Here is half of the half.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Here is the other batch (half of the half) with the everclear. Sprayed with potassium sorbate and put in the jerky jug for storage.

nepas

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

It was pretty chili here today. I moved my cabelas dehydrator to the garage by my BS cuz wife said the kitchen was getting to cluttered  :-\. The dehydrtaor had a hard time getting to  temp so i had to use my older smaller equi-flo dehydrator, its taking along time to do the 10 lbs. Guess this winter i need to insulate and drywall the garage.

nepas