• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Day 6

Started by HCT, October 31, 2008, 06:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

WCK, The first few days I had a few of those Nicorette losenges, old stale (3 yrs old) :D :D nicorette gum and some of that Ariva to help. Surprisingly enough I really didn't use that much of it but it did take the edge off. I guess I timed it just right, I liked smoking but I was just smoking to much. Didn't give it much thought, I had 4 packs left decided when they were gone that was it. Maybe the older you get the easier it is. Don't know, I just hope I keep it up. 
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

HCT

probably the biggest"

deb415611

Still Awesome HCT  :)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Hang in there HCT!  Wish I had your will power!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

HCT

you  have made it this far... the hard part  is behind you.. I  know it can be tough to break a habit after years of smoking and now  your  are  at  about  2  weeks and the hard part is over. If you feel the need for a  smoke try using a toothpic in place of a cig between  your  lips.. I  have heard from many past smokers it helps curve the withdrawls and cravings of  havng a cig...

Keep up the good work you  will make it we  are all pulling  for you

NePaSmoKer

HCT

You can do it. Its not that hard. I was a 10 cigar a day smoker for years. I just said no more.

Make some jerky  ;D

Hang in there my friend.

nepas

sodak

After twenty or so years...here's how I did it if it matters to anyone considering quitting:

A health food friend told me to switch to a completely natural cigarette.  Didn't really know that they existed...but, she said to switch from the "reds" to  W**stons.  I didn't realize that W's didn't have any additives.  Completely, 100% natural tobacco.  So, I weaned myself over to them and THEN used the full patch program again.  Although I was concerned about the quitting process, again, and failing, again, it was the easiest thing I've ever done.

My theory is that if you're trying to quit with the gum or a patch, you're only substituting the nicotine...not the other dozens of chemicals they lace those things with.  So, wean yourself off anything that's not completely 100% tobacco...THEN use the patch or gum or whatever to keep your sanity.

It worked wonderfully for both me and my wife simultaneously - we've been smoke free for almost three years (this Thanksgiving).

Just a thought.

josbocc

HCT,

Good for you, hang in there.  I've never smoked cigarettes.  Have a very occasional cigar, and once upon a time delved into another herbaceous combustible back in the college days..., but I digress.  I've chewed for about 20 years, not heavy, but enough that my dentist knows about it.  I quit at least three times a day ;) ;) and will give it up soon.

Heading to huntin camp today, perhaps you may have inspired me to try and kick it again when I get back.  Best of Luck, and hang in there, YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

HCT

Okay so it's 2 weeks today and still smoke free. I would have to be a complete moron to start again BUT I've been a moron many times. :D :D :D But seriosly, I still have those moments of craving, (I hate that word) but hey, I'll deal with it. Thanks for everyones support  and maybe this thread will give someone else the kick in the ass to quit.
probably the biggest"