• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Carne Asada

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 12, 2008, 07:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have a couple flank steaks ready for carne asada.

Marinating in my marinade. Going to get 3 pucks of mesquite then onto hot cast iron on the grill ;D

My marinade recipe.

½ cup onion finely chopped

3 cloves garlic, chopped

3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh preferred

2 tablespoons ground chile de arbol, or substitute New Mexican red chile powder or more to taste

1/4 teaspoon ground cumin or more to taste

2 tablespoons tequila

1 teaspoon mexican oregano

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (opt)

2 tablespoons OJ (opt)

2 tablespoon cider vinegar

Mix all together and pour over meat. Place in plastic container in fridge for 4 to 8 hrs. This can be doubled for more meat.

nepas

westexasmoker

Dang Nepas, now I got a hankering for some fajitas!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: westexasmoker on November 12, 2008, 07:45:34 AM
Dang Nepas, now I got a hankering for some fajitas!  ;D

C

Its my fault my blood sugar is so high  :o

Going to slap em on cast iron on the weber @ 500* after smoke. 3 mins a side. Flour tortillas, green, red bell pepers, onions and of course frijoles y arroz refritos  ;D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Did the 3 pucks of mesquite then on the grill.

Made carne/cheese quesadillas with dirty rice  ;D

nepas

beefmann

takes a bite..... yummmmyyyyyy

stillsmoking

Nepas, your posts are fast becoming must read material here.  Can't wait to try this one out!

Gizmo

I think Nepa needs to move back to Cali.   :D

And all I got is 7 lbs of original flavor hi-mountain and 1 lbs 7.49 oz of inferno that I added 2 naga peppers to.  Gonna see who is a pepper head and who is not.   :o  :o  :o  The interesting part was when weighing out the meat to see how much cure I needed, I cycled through the lbs, oz. and grams and was amused at what the reading of 1 lbs 7.49 oz. read in grams.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Naga peppers are from India

nepas

Gizmo

I guess the dried version is not quite as hot as the fresh.  The jerky has a nasty burn but a few bites aren't going to put you in the hospital.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

begolf25

Looks great NePa. I love using flank or skirt steak but I have the hardest time finding it in my area.

I got a recipe from Alton Brown for making fajitas with flank steak. After marinating the steaks you get a pile of hardwood chunks nice and hot in a kettle grill. Then you take a blow dryer and blow of the loose dust of the coals. then you lay the flank steak directly on the hardwood coals for 60 seconds on each side. I thought it sounded crazy but boy were they good.

Meat had a nice crust on the outside but still nice and red in the middle.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: begolf25 on November 13, 2008, 04:38:12 PM
Looks great NePa. I love using flank or skirt steak but I have the hardest time finding it in my area.

I got a recipe from Alton Brown for making fajitas with flank steak. After marinating the steaks you get a pile of hardwood chunks nice and hot in a kettle grill. Then you take a blow dryer and blow of the loose dust of the coals. then you lay the flank steak directly on the hardwood coals for 60 seconds on each side. I thought it sounded crazy but boy were they good.

Meat had a nice crust on the outside but still nice and red in the middle.

Bryan

I seen that show. Sure did look good.

nepas