• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The end of a great day....

Started by Oldman, December 26, 2004, 02:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

Am I going to have to add a "Hot Chicks" forum? Or maybe this should be melded into the "Hot Smoking" or "Meat" forum?[:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

WELL!!!  Being from Bahstahn, it's a shockah to read such material on this website . . . Javascript:insertsmilie('[;)]') (LOL)  At the risk of actually staying on topic, I just want to finish up my Christmas week report using my new BS . . .  

Olds, you were waiting to hear about the pistachios in the BS.  As I said, I think I'm the only person in these parts that smokes these guys, but I would love to hear if anyone else does as well.  I had great luck with the BS with pistachios.  I used the extra large, salted, natural in-shell (ie, no red color, though I don't know why that would matter for the smoking).  They're grown in CA, so you left coasters can probably get them dirt cheap.  I pay $5/lb in the local stores, but if I order them on-line, the bulk price (25 lb or more) comes down to about $3/lb. I cold-smoked 'em, which was easy in the BS since the temp was 20F outside.  Used 6 hickory for a total of 2 hr of smoke at 50-60F, but as long as you stay under 100F you'll be fine.  Vent was wide open.  They were as good as any I've every had.  Vary the smoke time and wood to suit your taste . . .

Also threw in a small block of cheddar (1 lb) for the first hour on the top rack. Wrapped it in plastic for 2 days and just tried it tonite--yummy!

Overall, my first experiences with the BS included salmon, steelhead, turkey, cheese, and nuts.  The grades range from A+ to A-, with all the problems being easily correctable (and I don't belong to a school that has grade inflation).  Needless to say, I'm thrilled!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

JC2 what did you put your pistachios in/ on while smoking them?

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />JC2 what did you put your pistachios in/ on while smoking them?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Good point! I don't have jerky racks, and I'm not sure if the holes in the jerky rack are small enough to prevent pistachios from falling through.  Kirk is checking that out . . .

Meanwhile, I used some hardware cloth baskets that I had made years ago for my old bullet smoker.  They are appx. 10 x 10 x 1.5 inches, so they fit on the BS racks with room to spare.  Before I do my next big batch of nuts (20+ lbs), I will make a set of baskets to fit the BS and maximize capacity.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Meanwhile, I used some hardware cloth baskets that I had made years ago for my old bullet smoker. They are appx. 10 x 10 x 1.5 inches, so they fit on the BS racks with room to spare. Before I do my next big batch of nuts (20+ lbs), I will make a set of baskets to fit the BS and maximize capacity.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Interesting and thanks a bunch~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Am I going to have to add a "Hot Chicks" forum? Or maybe this should be melded into the "Hot Smoking" or "Meat" forum?[:D][:D]

<b><i>Anywhere</i> </b> but the "Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts" thread.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />birdboy,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">just stomps all over my hot button. Makes me want to call them up and launch into a long diatribe about quality control ... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've gotten to somewhat know due to some problems I have had with the Bradley the folks over there.  Also I have my own business. I believe you are correct that as of late there has been some problems with the newer units.  However, knowing the Bradley folks and how they have handled my problems I think I can say that Mr. Bradley is more than likely on some folks A$$ concerning these matters.  If not it would so easy to just take down this posting site and stop the postings.  I believe this a good representation of Mr. Bradley fustration at this point is:

No good business man wants this type of hazzle. I'm sure he will get it under control. Frankly I do believe the Bradley people are good business folks.
Olds

One would hope.  Got ahold of them yesterday, werent working Monday, and apparently nothing was shipping yesterday, so they are supposed to go out today (not sure what shipping method), 99% sure I won't get them by my get-together on Friday.  They didn't seem to be too concerned about it since it is producing smoke and I can then finish it in the oven....

A sorry for the inconvienence or some such would have been nice.  I was good, I just described the problems and didn't add any of my other commentaries [:D].  
Still looking forward to getting a unit that works correctly...because I JUST GOT MY COPY OF SMOKE N SPICE.  Can't wait to try out some of these receipes [:p]

Oldman