• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked --> deep fry

Started by Crimson Ghost, November 26, 2008, 07:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Ghost

I am planning on smoking and then deep frying.

Can I smoke the bird today and refrigerate it tonight and deep fry it tomorrow ?   Do I need to use heat at all when I smoke ?  the Bradley recipe says 100 degrees - is that necessary or can I just smoke it for 4 hours without the heat? 

westexasmoker

CG,

I've never done the fridge overnight after applying smoke, might be a bit worried about the nasties getting it.  I hit with 2 hours smoke and straight to the fryer, or big easy in my case!  Someone will have a more definitive answer than I!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Crimson Ghost

Well, the smoker will be busy tomorrow so my only shot would be to presmoke it today for the deep fry tomorrow. 

That's why I do not want to use any heat on it like the Bradley recipe calls for (100 degrees).  I am going to go for it in a little bit - smoke it for 4 hours (apple wood) and wrap it up real good and into the refrigerator for tomorrow.   I will put in in the garage frige - nothing but beer in there....

beefmann

Crimson...

Why not  smoke and deep fry  today,, and  reheat  tomarrow?

Crimson Ghost

I deep fry 2 turkeys every year - it gets the men out of the house for a couple hours, we smoke stogies and drink some scotch.  It's sort of a tradition at this point  :-)

If I can smoke with no heat I don't see any problem with it, I wouldn;t want to apply any heat to the bird and then refrigerate it.

NePaSmoKer

I have done smoke first then deep frying. The only problem is the frying takes some of the smoke out.

nepas

Crimson Ghost

OK, I am going to post in my other thread - the one that says "me again"