• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Having problems with photobucket downloads.

Started by iceman, December 01, 2008, 04:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I've bee having problems with downloads from photo bucket. Seems when I load photos to the forum and click to enlarge them it opens my entire library for anyone to see. Has anyone had this problem as of late? Also I can't seem to preview my posts.

NePaSmoKer

ice

I had that problem too, seems like photobucket had some site improvements. What i found that if you put your cursor over the pic the drop down box will appear. then you just highlight the img code and right click to copy. used to be that it coppied to your clip board with just the highlight but not anymore.

nepas

Smokin Soon

Ditto that, used to get a message "copied" after clicking on direct link, now must highlight and right click and copy. Dont really know why they did that.

Tenpoint5

I noticed the same thing. What you have to do now is click on the picture you want to post, Then when the pic comes up there will be the same box as before on the lower right. You can then click and copy the info and post as normal in forums.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Pat;

I'm having the same problem. After logging off I'm going to check out their forum to see if there is a fix.

PhotoBucket Forum

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I just mouse over the pic, the img code text appears, I click on it and it says "copied"

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

Pat;

There must have been a recent ungrade that automatically changed your setting; that is what happened to me.

1- Go to your Photobucket account, and click on "Account Options"

2- In your "Change Personal Information" section, make sure you enter a birthdate, it doesn't have to be yours as long you choose a date that makes you 18 years old or older. If you skip this step, you will not be able to save your changes.

3- Scroll down until you see "Ablum Setting" section.

4- If "Images Link Back To Album" is checked uncheck it.

5- Now click on save. This should solve your problem.
It stated it will not change any previous post. I'm not sure if that means photos we have linked in the past or just photos that have been linked recently.

6- Also to have the links displayed under your pictures, like it was in the past:

7- In the Album section click on the link "Link Options"; a window will pop up, at the bottom there is a message "Show links in my album" select always. In this window you can also choose which link codes you want to display.

I hope this works for you, it solve the problem for me.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Thanks for the info Habs. I changed mine will see how it works when I post my ham project completion.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

I just wish the folks on some of the other forums were as great as you guys.  ;D You all rock!!!
Hab, I'll let you know what happens.

iceman

OK Hab that fixed the problem. Thanks buddy. Still can't preview a post but that's no big deal.
Go to "share your thanksgiving turkey post" to see the pics.