• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dinner

Started by viper125, December 24, 2011, 03:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well had Christmas Dinner for the wife's family tonight and few of my kids and grand kids. Then the 7th we'll have my side and all the kids and grand kids. So I smoked have a 18 lb ham and sliced. Sliced the regular ham , Sliced up about 5 lbs of venison Summer Sausage, put out a couple lbs of two types of jerky I made, Made up some of my Lil Smokies and bacon smoked in brown sugar. 4-5 lbs smoked cheese. Had regular sliced ham and cheeses for those who didn't like the other. Plenty of Potato salad, spinach dip and pumpernickel bread to dip, Vegetable  trays, Olive & pickle trays,lots of different candies and cookies.
Well all The cured and smoke stuff is gone ,even the deer meat. I now have son in law who wouldn't eat deer or smoked meats. He now loves mine. The old story about a uncle and how strong and bad it was. My in-laws are now asking for invites to our smoke outs and a couple want to know if i'll do some for them.
You have to remember I've been marrid for 35 years and this is the first group meeting with all of them together they didn't whine,complain or fight. To busy eating and compliments from about all of them. And the ones who didn't was stuffing their mouths too much to talk. LOL
  Well now the wife wants to know " is there any way for you to smoke the rest since it's already sliced or are we stuck eating it that way"? LOL
Merry Christmas one and all! My god bless and share his blessings with all of you! I have seen a miracle here tonight!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

beefmann

great story and gathering, good to have family that  enjoys a good home smoked  meals

ArnieM

Great going Viper.  Sounds like a dinner you should be proud of.  Even got yourself a convert  ;)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

Really nice going Viper.  That's a Christmas dinner they will remember.

ghost9mm

That is a really great story my friend, so next year may be even better....
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Caneyscud

That is wonderful Viper!  I think the moral of the story is "There's nothing like a Bradley Smoker to bring families together" or something like that. 

My only question.  On the 7th when you are doing your family's get together - are we invited?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

viper125

Well my house is open 24/7 to my friends and family. I would enjoy meeting all my new friends I made joining here. So the answer is always a big YES!

PS  I never turn down smoked contributions to the party either! LOL

Had to add! If any of you ever get close to Salem,Ohio I would find it an honer to visit with you!
Inside setup.

OldHickory

I enjoyed your story and it sure sounds as if the family enjoyed your dinner.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

viper125

This is the first tray of ham. Half smoked half fresh. Smoked ham got filled three times.

This is the cheese and sausage tray which was filled so many times they lost track. But over 3 lbs of cheese and at least the same in summer sausage.

Threw a little jerky out with the fresh cheese had to keep putting jerky out.. Yep you guessed it. Im eating fresh cheese on my sandwiches and I'm almost out of jerky.

Here's a few pictures of the other stuff

Hope you enjoy the photo's. Some I posted in another post but thought I'd give you a complete view knowing the way every one loves pics. Just thinking how to make the one on the 7 th better and what i will smoke. Thanks for all the kind words.

Well time to have some more ham and cheese sandwiches. Probably 8 lbs of fresh sliced to eat. Can't figure a way to smoke slices with out drying them out. LOL

Inside setup.