• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Preparing for Christmas Eve Dinner

Started by Smoking Duck, December 23, 2008, 06:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

SD, that is just incredible looking. And I am willing to bet it taste even ten thousand times better then it looks 'I say this as I try to keep from licking my monitor of that roast picture'

Merry Christmas
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smoking Duck

The roast turned out excellent....sorry, no pics.......nearly lost a couple of fingers by not moving my hand fast enough out of the way.  It was appreciated by all and had more than one family member like to see me start doing this to make money.

Hope everyone's Christmas is going well.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Stargazer

Probably as well with no pics SD. The photos of that beauty in the beginning looked so good, if you posted the end results I'd probably be chewing on the monitor right now.  ;D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smoking Duck

I forgot to mention that I loved the rub with meat.  I probably should have seasoned it a bit more than I did, but I did like this combination with beef, with really makes the rub an all-around good rub.

SD

KyNola

Glad to hear the rub did ok with beef.  Had never tried it on beef before.  Was interested to hear your opinion.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Quote from: KyNola on December 25, 2008, 02:39:52 PM
Glad to hear the rub did ok with beef.  Had never tried it on beef before.  Was interested to hear your opinion.

I've mixed it into ground beef for burgers, put it on chicken, pork chops, sprinkled a little on scrambled eggs!

So far We have not found a food we _don't_ like it on.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Consiglieri

That looks like quite a feast, Duck.  Batali's book has a recipe for a stuffed beef tenderloin I want to try (I finally could read the book without sneaking my brother in law's copy out of the gift bag).  He cut his into pinwheels and grilled it though. 

His rib recipe had an interesting trick for slow cooking ribs on a grill set up for indirect heat (at about 250F): he throws a soaked rosemary sprig on the heat every thirty minutes or so to get some rosemary infused smoke.  I wonder if a similar trick might work with the low heat Bradley (maybe don't soak the sprigs?). 

I take it this is the meal that won you the smoker rig? 
Consiglieri

Smoking Duck

I think this was the one that broke the camel's back, maybe?  It seems that the crowds keep getting bigger every holiday and I'm always tapped to do something.  I made an off-handed remark that I was gonna need a bigger smoker if the crowd kept growing and it went from there.  He really loves welding and building things.  If it turns out half-way decent, I figure he and I might be able to sell a couple.  I'm tinking I'm going with a reverse flow smoker because I think it will help regulate temp a lot better.  I'll do my best to post pics of the project....this should be quite fun.

SD