• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Books on smoking

Started by cologcab, January 05, 2005, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cologcab

any good books on smoking out their ?

nsxbill

Jamison, Cheryl, et al
Sublime Smoke, and Smoke & Spice probably the best.  I bought both of mine from Jessicasbiscuit.com, but I would look on Half.com first to see if anything there or on Ebay.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

cologcab

Chez Bubba

If you only own one, Smoke & Spice is the one to have!

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If you only own one, Smoke & Spice is the one to have!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bet you can't just buy one! Kirk, if the guy is on this board he's a smokin nut like the rest of us![:D]
A couple that I like are Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue and Ron Shewchuck's Barbecue Secrets. I have yet to get Smoke and Spice but only because I haven't found a Canadian source yet.
Tom

nsxbill

Damn, I already have 2 of Paul Kirk's books, but is that another recommendation!  Ron Shewchuck's Barbecue Secrets?  Pretty good one?  My shelf of BBQ books is getting bigger..I can see it coming! [:D] [:D]

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

I've got Smoke and Spice, and I can another couple of books on my reading list!  I would also suggest Harold McGee's new edition of his book if you want to know the science behind cooking--I've just glanced at it on-line, but Habanero Smoker can tell you more about it . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

oguard

i also have ron shewchucks bbq book.i really enjoyed his stories and recipes.the book gives you great insight into the big world of bbq.

keep smokin even when they beg you to stop
 oguard in b.c. canada
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Habanero Smoker

Harold McGee's book, "On Food and Cooking; The Science and Lore of The Kitchen - Completely Revised and Updated"; is not a book on smoking, or a recipe book. It's a difficult book to classify. It give the reader an "understanding of basic food science and practical cooking techniques." If you want to know a little about the chemistry and physics of what is occurring with food from storage to reheating; during preparation through the cooking process, and much more information, this is a great reference book. Be forewarn; you may not necessarily agree with all his positions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)