• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Customer Service

Started by Ferdbird, January 05, 2005, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferdbird

To all you newbees out there I want to inform all of you of something.  You have purchased the BEST product available.[:D][:D]  Let me tell you why.

The story of the Widget.[;)]  First and foremost many people make the same type of products these days and most of them sell these widgets for the same price.  What brings us back to a seller/maker?  CUSTOMER SERVICE and QUALITY![:)]  Again, if I can purchase a widget from Uncle Snuffy for $1.00 and I can also get one from Mr. Noodle for a buck, what brings me back?  Customer service.

Bradley has just proven this to me once again.[:D][:D][:D]  My smoke generator rolled snake eyes last weekend.[V]  (The chip advance motor stripped a gear on a bad puck.)  BS opened from the holiday vacation on Tuesday, January 4, 2005 at 10:00.  I called to let them know of my problem.  <i><b>Today, 1/5/05 I went home for lunch and I found a new smoke generator setting at my front porch.  Can you believe that?  No questions asked and in less than 30 hours</b></i>!!!!!![:p][:)][8D][:o)][:p]

Next is Chez Bubba.[:I]  http://www.chezbubba.com  These people go out of there way to get any product ordered to you ASAP.  Packed securely and well organized is what I get from this company.  They also have some nifty extra exclusive items like the Bubba Pucks.  Aluminum pucks designed to be a "dummy" so ALL your pucks are advanced into the burner saving you money each time you smoke.

I had a party that I needed to get ready for.  As always with me I did not check my stock of pucks and right before the fire (party) started I noticed I was to low on what I needed.  I called Chezbubba and in no time at all I had what I needed.

I have had my smoker for under a year but I wanted to take this time to say these words.  I do not work for any one of these companies.  I just love to eat and cook just like all of you.  I will never go anywhere else now that I have been taken care of by the best.

oguard

I received a smoker for christmas. I have used it twice once making beef jerky and also making summer sausage.they were both excelent.the only thing i could not understand was how to burn the last few pucks.iwas wondering if u knew the price of thesebubba pucks.

keep smokin'
oguard in b.c.canada
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Chez Bubba

$14.95 for a pair, $21.95 for three for those that feel the need. (USD + shipping)

Smoke on,

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ferdbird</i>
<br />To all you newbees out there I want to inform all of you of something.  You have purchased the BEST product available.[:D][:D]  Let me tell you why.

The story of the Widget.[;)]  First and foremost many people make the same type of products these days and most of them sell these widgets for the same price.  What brings us back to a seller/maker?  CUSTOMER SERVICE and QUALITY![:)]  Again, if I can purchase a widget from Uncle Snuffy for $1.00 and I can also get one from Mr. Noodle for a buck, what brings me back?  Customer service.

Bradley has just proven this to me once again.[:D][:D][:D]  My smoke generator rolled snake eyes last weekend.[V]  (The chip advance motor stripped a gear on a bad puck.)  BS opened from the holiday vacation on Tuesday, January 4, 2005 at 10:00.  I called to let them know of my problem.  <i><b>Today, 1/5/05 I went home for lunch and I found a new smoke generator setting at my front porch.  Can you believe that?  No questions asked and in less than 30 hours</b></i>!!!!!![:p][:)][8D][:o)][:p]

Next is Chez Bubba.[:I]  http://www.chezbubba.com  These people go out of there way to get any product ordered to you ASAP.  Packed securely and well organized is what I get from this company.  They also have some nifty extra exclusive items like the Bubba Pucks.  Aluminum pucks designed to be a "dummy" so ALL your pucks are advanced into the burner saving you money each time you smoke.

I had a party that I needed to get ready for.  As always with me I did not check my stock of pucks and right before the fire (party) started I noticed I was to low on what I needed.  I called Chezbubba and in no time at all I had what I needed.

I have had my smoker for under a year but I wanted to take this time to say these words.  I do not work for any one of these companies.  I just love to eat and cook just like all of you.  I will never go anywhere else now that I have been taken care of by the best.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Couldn't have said it any better, Ferdbird!  I ordered a bunch of stuff from Chez Bubba and it arrived on exactly the say they said it would.  Both Anne and Kirk were great to deal with.  Customer service and reliability are worth much more than a dollar or two . . .

Welcome to the Forum . . . don't be a stranger.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

birdboy

Well I have a slightly different opinion.

I also receieved a new BS for Christmas, went to use it and the temp control unit was bad as well as the thermo being +30 off.  I called Bradley and they shipped out two replacement units post haste and I had them in two days ... except I got a heating element instead of the temp control unit ... called Bradley again explained what I had received, they sent out and they sent out a new temp control unit.

I went to put that in last night, layed the BS on her back and noticed a couple of screws in the bottom were barely screwed in.  I went to screw them in too find out they were stripped ... and no it wasn't do to my overtightening, they never had the slightest resistance.  Went to take the cover off to replace the temp slider and one of the screws on the top and one on the bottom are also stripped out...

Yes there customer service is excellent, but I have growing concerns about how the unit is put together and the quality of parts...

I completely agree with the coments regarding Chezbubba, great people and service as well !

Chez Bubba

Brian,

I would call Bradley (yes, again) and voice your displeasure & concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if they send you a replacement unit. Mass manufacturing and keeping the price low means a few lemons slip through and that's why they have the warranty.

There's a fine line between "keep it cheap" and "quality control". Unfortunately, I don't know how to say "quality control" in Chinese.[:D][:D]

I'm surprised the people who sold the smoker to the thoughtful person you know who purchased it for you aren't jumping in to help you.[;)][}:)]

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Brian,

I would call Bradley (yes, again) and voice your displeasure & concerns. I wouldn't be surprised if they send you a replacement unit. Mass manufacturing and keeping the price low means a few lemons slip through and that's why they have the warranty.

There's a fine line between "keep it cheap" and "quality control". Unfortunately, I don't know how to say "quality control" in Chinese.[:D][:D]

I'm surprised the people who sold the smoker to the thoughtful person you know who purchased it for you aren't jumping in to help you.[;)][}:)]

Kirk

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey Kirk, I may give them a call and see what they say.  I kinda feel bad about calling them again on yet another issue, I don't want to come across as a picky SOB, doesn't get you anywhere in life.  What would you guys do ?

I hear you, had it me purchasing it, you know where I would have got it [:D]  Unfortunately my wife decided to get it as a gift, not that the thought isn't appreciated, I just fully believe in supporting the sites that a person belongs too.  So the things I have ordered have been from you [;)]

JJC

QuoteI hear you, had it me purchasing it, you know where I would have got it [:D]  Unfortunately my wife decided to get it as a gift, not that the thought isn't appreciated, I just fully believe in supporting the sites that a person belongs too.  So the things I have ordered have been from you [;)]
QuoteI'm with on this one, Birdboy!  My wife ordered my BS as a Christmas gift, too, and believe me I'm not complaining, but she basically went on-line and ordered from the first "cheap" place she found (it wasn't any cheaper than Chez Bubba, and they don't offer 10% off on bisquettes).  Can't blame her--she's not the smoker in the family!  Since then, I've ordered everything else I use from Chez, and they've been great!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

birdboy,
I would keep calling them until all my issues were resolved.  Its not your fault you are having problems and they need to fix the unit or replace it.  As long as you are nice(but firm) and maintain composure I'm sure the Bradley folks really do want to hear from you.  If these issues spawn from the dealers handling of your unit I believe they would want to know that as well.  Keep at it and they will make it right for you.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />birdboy,
I would keep calling them until all my issues were resolved.  Its not your fault you are having problems and they need to fix the unit or replace it.  As long as you are nice(but firm) and maintain composure I'm sure the Bradley folks really do want to hear from you.  If these issues spawn from the dealers handling of your unit I believe they would want to know that as well.  Keep at it and they will make it right for you.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ding, ding, ding!

They'll stand behind it 100%. If they dont, call me.[;)]

Kirk

Oldman

I agree.... Call. I have had to call them a couple of times. If something else goes wrong believe me I know how to pick up the phone or E-mail them

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!