• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke comming from around generator

Started by Stoker, January 07, 2005, 09:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoker

I've just received my BS and seasoning it.  I've notice smoke escaping from around the smoke generator is this normal?

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stoker</i>
<br />I've just received my BS and seasoning it.  I've notice smoke escaping from around the smoke generator is this normal?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Did you have the vent on top opened? I have the same problem on occasion and opening the vent more eliminates it.Good Luck!

BigRED

nsxbill

Definitely open the vent.  You have to have it opened during smoking too.  Otherwise moisture builds up so much water will run out the front door, and could damage your switch.  I smoke pretty much everything at 1/4 to 1/3 open for full period the food is in the BS.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

also make sure the smoke genarator is on there snug . all the way up against the smoker.

BigSmoker

You definitely don't want the smoke going back through the generator.  can lead to a gunky buildup as well as the moisture problem

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Jeff100/shopping.gif[/img]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Stoker

Thanks gang for your comments, yes Daaaaa I had a blond moment, I had the vent shut Baby Back Ribs turned out great, I think this big hunk of rusty Iron (my old wood smoker) may become a boat anchor soon.[:D]