• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Using Bricks

Started by rcger, July 19, 2008, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcger

I've read where some users double wrap a couple of bricks in foil and place them in the tower to conserve heat.  Stupid question, but where do you place the bricks?  Do you sacrifice a rack or do you place them on the very bottom on either side of the water bowl?
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Habanero Smoker

Currently I just use one brick, and place it to the right of the water bowl. That way I don't have to give up any rack space. I plan to add a smaller brick to the left of the bowl, as soon as I find one that will slide under the bisquette drive guide.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

Ditto here. I put one to the right of the water bowl. If the OBS is full, it will only take 1 brick. When I have less than 4 racks, I put the other one on the left side on top of the V-Tray, carefull not to cover the vents.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Kansan

Using a larger foil goo pan now. Use hot water and it provides a good mass.  Used bricks initially too, just as described above.  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Brisket Lover

Any certain type of bricks you use?

Habanero Smoker

I use regular building bricks, some use fire bricks. Some don't use bricks but place cast iron grills that will fit inside the cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I use a regular building brick as well.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

Here is a picture of my bricks. I also have an extra heater. I have a brick in front of the heater, underneath it and one behind the water bowl. I believe I have a total of 3 1/2 bricks.

click to enlarge

Brad