• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Is there a difference

Started by HCT, January 18, 2009, 05:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

Dumb question but
Is there a difference between 'eye round' and 'eye of round'? ??? ??? ???
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

pensrock

I don't see it as a 'dumb' question, because I do not know either.  ???

Caribou

Hi HCT!
I believe they are the same.
Check this out:
http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/chef/cuts.php
hope this helps
Carolyn

HCT

Thanks Carolyn.
The thing is I know here in the stores it's called eye round. Then you see recipes for 'eye of round', which to me sounds like it comes from the prime rib area. I'm prolly reading too much into it. :D :D
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caribou

HCT, I raise my own beef every year and I'd flunk a test on where the cuts come from. ???
All I know is that they come back from the meat processor in nice labeled packages! :D
The sirloin comes from the second shelf in the freezer, chuck roast the bottom drawerof the freezer, etc. ;)
Carolyn

Gizmo

Quote from: Caribou on January 18, 2009, 07:39:58 PM
HCT, I raise my own beef every year and I'd flunk a test on where the cuts come from. ???
All I know is that they come back from the meat processor in nice labeled packages! :D
The sirloin comes from the second shelf in the freezer, chuck roast the bottom drawerof the freezer, etc. ;)
Carolyn

That is a chuckle and a half Carolyn.   :D  ;D

Now we must talk about the obsessive compulsive behavior, same cuts on the same shelf every time????  8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

I'm good with your sense of organization Carolyn...  ;D And I used to build homes...you know how they came out!!!!  :D

HCT

That is funny Carolyn. Can I have a side cut roast of shelf 3 please. :D
probably the biggest"

Caribou

Got to be able to find the stuff once it's in the freezer! :D
My chest freezer is nothing but ground meat so I don't have to dig to find what I want, just ground meat all the way down.
My upright is organized into steaks, roast and I got half a pig that has his own shelf, too. ;)
Believe me, it's the ONLY aspect of my life that is organized!
If I ever get audited by the IRS, I won't be able to find a thing the way I file our business stuff.  But at least I can show the agent my freezer! ::)
Carolyn