Steakhouse/Pepper Canadian Bacon (chickenfried)

Started by cowgirl, January 27, 2009, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowgirl

After seeing Nick's beautiful back bacon pictures I decided to post some of my chickenfried bacon pictures. Thought some folks might want to give it a try, if you haven't already.  :)

I'm sure this isn't the healthiest meal, but what the heck.......it's tasty.  :)

I used some of my cold smoked steakhouse/pepper canadian bacon....

I sliced the bacon fairly thick....

Dredged the bacon in flour, then dipped in an egg/milk wash...then back into the flour again...

Fried til crispy....

I topped a couple of toasted english muffins with the crispy chickenfried bacon...

Added a couple of eggs...and smothered all with creamy gravy...... it's kinda tasty!

nickld

Awwwww shucks Cowgirl. I think I'm blushing!  :-[

The chicken fried bacon looks fantastic.  I have my cold smoke box from Bradley but haven't gotten around to using it yet. Sounds like a great project. Great pics and thanks for the compliment!

~Nick

Gizmo

Small dice some jalapenos in that gravy and you'll kick it up another notch not that it needs it.

Now I got to ask you, that there gravy looks way to perfect.  Is that some photographers staging gravy you put on there just for great pictures?   ;D

It is amazing how a picture looks so good you can taste it in your mouth just by looking.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

That looks good. You should try rolling or dipping it in corn meal next time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Absolutely gorgeous. What a way to start the day with a breakfast like that...an entire day filled with smiley faces.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Freakin awsome cowgirl

I'll be there in a few  ;D  :D to help you down em.

nepas

cowgirl

Quote from: nickld on January 27, 2009, 10:08:39 PM
Awwwww shucks Cowgirl. I think I'm blushing!  :-[

The chicken fried bacon looks fantastic.  I have my cold smoke box from Bradley but haven't gotten around to using it yet. Sounds like a great project. Great pics and thanks for the compliment!

~Nick

Thank you Nick! Your back bacon looks really awesome...bet it was tasty too!!

cowgirl

Quote from: Gizmo on January 27, 2009, 10:21:31 PM
Small dice some jalapenos in that gravy and you'll kick it up another notch not that it needs it.

Now I got to ask you, that there gravy looks way to perfect.  Is that some photographers staging gravy you put on there just for great pictures?   ;D

It is amazing how a picture looks so good you can taste it in your mouth just by looking.

lol Not sure what fake gravy would look like, but I'm a country girl and learned how to make country gravy at my Mom's side. :)

The bacon cure and steakhouse/pepper seasoning before cold smoking gave it enough of a kick. I didn't even use salt or pepper in the flour.

Habanero, I like peameal bacon too!! :)

Thank you Hillbilly and Nepas! Come on down I have lots of bacon on hand. lol

Caneyscud

Internet has been down

Anyway  -- Slap my momma, that looks good!!!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"