What's Smoking - Weekend of 1/31/09

Started by Caneyscud, January 27, 2009, 06:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

I always like to hear what people have planned to smoke and what they actually smoke over the weekend.  Borrowing an idea from a Hockey forum I used to frequent, I'll start a "game day" thread every week where we can talk and discuss and post the weekend menus and recipes.  Don't know about the rest of you, but my smoking and 'Qing is limited to the weekends.  So with that being said this is the first thread.  I will very weakly start it off.  This weekend is probably no smoking.  Still have 3 racks of spareribs, most of a yardbird and about a dozen thighs and a few brats left over from this past weekend's smoke.  Oh and about 10#'s of cheese.  If I cook anything outside, it will be fajitas.  But seeing as we have some boneless chops in the freezer, fried pork chops and biscuits may be in the making.  But what about the rest of you.  What's gonna be on your racks this weekend?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

easyridinole

I am probably going ice fishing this weekend, but I am planning on getting a pork loin and starting on Hab's Canadian Bacon recipe for the following weekend.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

iceman

I have to go back to the slope for work. But I did manage to get my fill of ribs and yard birds in this time in. The freezer is looking pretty good right now. In between calls back to work I finally got everyone's sauce made and boxed up so I can ship it to all the forum members this week that ordered some. Thanks for your patience folks.  :) You guys have a good game day!

seemore

Caney, Mr and I are not smoking this weekend either.  The temp is 45 degrees outside today - so Mr. washed the salt off both trucks and we are going to grill steaks and lobster tails tonight.
For the game day tomorrow, we will be having homemade pizza - I am making the dough from scratch, and I really suck at it, so say an extra PRAYER to the dough Gods tonight - Smoking Duck's smoked, fried mozzarella sticks and fiery carrot dip.
And Bloody Marys.  Since we have nowhere to go tomorrow, we can be homebodies and enjoy a day of rest!
Enjoy your game day too:  it sounds like you have lots of good food onhand, and if you make fajitas, even better!

nickld

I have a couple racks of spareribs.  Going to rub them with Jan's dry rub tonight and smoke them over hickory/apple. I was also thinking of making some if Iceman's Blackberry Barbeque Sauce.  Might throw some chicken drumsticks into the Big Easy also.

~Nick

mow_delon

Got a whole turkey on the OBS right now.  Kinda for the Superbowl, but mainly becasue I have never smoked a turkey before (only have had Bradley since Christmas).  Tried an apple juice brine.  Checked it about 1 hr ago, up to 140 F and looking wonderful!