• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Fuse Problem?

Started by Smokin Patrick, January 25, 2009, 03:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Patrick

Hello All,

Got my new Bradley Smoker and attempted to use it the first time today.  I was getting power to the smoke tower but the power light for the temp. gauge wasn't on.  Despite this, the temp in the smoker was telling me it was 100 degrees in there.  I was smoking some pork ribs and after about 3 hours I had to take them out and finish them in the oven because it never went above 100.

Do I need to change the fuse?  How would I do that?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Smokin Patrick1

It sounds like only the smoke generator was providing heat.

Did you have the slider control on the tower all the way to the right ? Try backing in off just a little, sometimes there is a "dead spot"

Make sure the connections from the smoke generator to the tower are nice and tight. Try plugging the tower directly into the wall, bypassing the smoke generator.

I'm not sure about the fuse, but there is a high-limit cutoff inside the back panel.

If these suggestions don't work, try calling Bradley support in the morning.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Mr Walleye

Hi Smokin' Pat and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your problem. The two things I've heard off are as FLB said. There are the odd OBS's that will have a bit of a dead spot on the slider control at the far right. Try backing it off just a hair and watch the heater in the tower. It should get hot and eventually turn red. Another problem that sometimes occurs when new is the cord between the generator and the tower seems to have a hard time seating correctly. Try un-plugging and replugging several times making sure to seat it all the way in.

There is only one fuse in the unit so because the generator is working, I doubt that's the problem. As FLB indicated, give Bradley a phone call on Monday.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Patrick

Thanks for the help you guys.  I am actually calling Bradley tomorrow (a week late) but I appreciate your insight.

I'll keep you posted.

Patrick