• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley actually theraputic...

Started by Stargazer, February 02, 2009, 04:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Been away for awhile.

Not wanting to bring up anything bad, but last I was here I mentioned there were some family issues. Fathers brother, my uncle who lives in PA was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We found this out around Thanksgiving 08 last year.

Its been kind of a downer here, but did wish to mention I tried to bring some happiness here at home with me and dad by smoking up a bunch of food for super bowl "Yes, Steelers won!"

I got my father involved with smoking on my Bradley, which we were able to spend a whole day enjoying watching the smoker, the wood pucks loading, the gentle smoke which led into good Father/son conversations. Basically, giving us a day to just forget about any problems. This led me and dad to be able to relax for the day, enjoy a good meal of honey and also spicy chicken wings, and ribs. Sorry, no pictures to show this time around  :-\

Which then led into being able to enjoy watching the game. Wow, me and dad were sweating, until the end where Steelers won. Dad seemed more confident that Steelers would pull it off. However, our team won, and just had a very enjoyable time.

Basically, all this is due because of our Bradley smoker.

This kind of takes it to a more personal level now, but Bradley basically just rules. Thanks Bradley, and thanks to everyone here for helping me get started :)
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Mr Walleye

Hey Stargazer... Great to see you back and hear you and your Dad had such an excellent day! No matter the problems a person has to take the time to "smell the roses smoke" so to speak. Enjoy all the time you can with your Dad. My Dad passed away when I was 18 (I'm 49 now, he was 47 when he passed) and I really wish I would have had more time with him.

Very sorry to hear about your Uncle... It's a nasty disease that nobody is immune to being touched by, one way or another. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

seemore

I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your Dad, SG.  Like Mr. Walleye said, enjoy it.
I lost my Mom three years ago 12/30 to cancer.  I understand the pain you are feeling;  please know that you, your Dad, and your uncle are in my prayers.
If it makes you feel good, SMOKE TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!!

Mrs. S

HCT

Star, You have me choking up here. I'm glad to hear you both had a great time.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Gizmo

Welcome back StarG,
Glad to hear you had a great day and a very special time with your dad.  Those special moments are fleeting and it sounds like you made the most of it.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about your  uncle, but glade that you and you father have such a great time together.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

Stargazer,
I can not say anything more then what everyone else has said. Thank God for the Bradley and the quality time that you spent with your father.

Brad

Caneyscud

Man, I'm sitting here with a lump in my throat and my eyes are probably red - not too good of a look for sitting in a construction company office.  Que Sera'.  So sorry to hear about your uncle - lost a cousin the week before Christmas this year.  Diagnosed with bone cancer the year before but the first of last year it miraculously disappeared, but later last year it came back with a vengence.  But she died with a peace knowing where she was going.  I will be saying prayers on you and your family's behalf.   I remember watching the SB with my dad back in the glory days of Dallas - pre-JJ (spit, spit) days.  Watching them lose and then win SB VI and XII.  Fun times.  Although he is still alive and well, I now live 1000 mile away and don't get to spend the time I want to with him and mom.  We probably wouldn't enjoy watching the SB together as well as we used to (the NFL lost me quite a few years ago and he's not as big of a fan as he used to be), but do enjoy wetting a line together whenever we can.  And as he likes Texas Hibachis, not too sure he'd like watching a Bradley but he would have a ball on one of my bigger smoke rigs!  Might have to tow one to Texas sometime soon.  You've motivated me Star!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KyNola

Hey Star,
I'm truly sorry to hear about your uncle.  Glad you had a really good day with your Dad.

Did the ice storm have much effect in your end of Kentucky?  Sure did on my end.

KyNola

Wildcat

Mike said it all.  Glad to see you post.  Cherish those moments with you dad and strive to have more of them.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/