• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Slim Jims

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 02, 2009, 06:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Thanks everyone.

I don't think i am going to do the smoking vid today. It's just too cold out today  :o

nepas

carnie1

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 02, 2009, 09:41:50 PM
Quote from: carnie1 on March 02, 2009, 09:38:45 PM
Cool, I like the foil trick, never thought of that  8)

When i lived in Amish country my Amish friend showed me that but he used wax paper  ;D

nepas

Sank you Wary much, Don't be a Wootz after you get them all made  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: carnie1 on March 03, 2009, 07:51:12 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 02, 2009, 09:41:50 PM
Quote from: carnie1 on March 02, 2009, 09:38:45 PM
Cool, I like the foil trick, never thought of that  8)

When i lived in Amish country my Amish friend showed me that but he used wax paper  ;D

nepas

Sank you Wary much, Don't be a Wootz after you get them all made  ;D

Ja voor zeker. Het koude begint mij te krijgen.

nepas

carnie1

OK, ya know I gotta look that up  :D

KyNola

Dude,
That is such a cool video.  Thanks for posting it.  I swear I'm gonna make sausage once I can find the time.  I have a brand new grinder and stuffer still sitting in the box!

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on March 03, 2009, 10:05:08 AM
Dude,
That is such a cool video.  Thanks for posting it.  I swear I'm gonna make sausage once I can find the time.  I have a brand new grinder and stuffer still sitting in the box!

KyNola

KyN

if  was down your way we could have a great time.

nepas

Roadking

I thought the vid came out great. You held it pretty steady while mixing the product. Enjoyed it!

Tenpoint5

Video looks just fine Nepas. I still aint that handy with camera to attempt making one. So I will stick to the picture by picture method. Sticks look like they turned out pretty good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

nickld

Great video Nepas! Better watch out or the food network is going to come looking for you.  Looking forward to more!

~Nick

carnie1

Quote from: nickld on March 03, 2009, 02:52:43 PM
Great video Nepas! Better watch out or the food network is going to come looking for you.  Looking forward to more!

~Nick

I can see it now, Bobby Flay bustin' in the backyard while Nepa's smokin' fatties and jerky and yells "Are you ready for a throwdown"

Smoked

Great job, NePa!!!    So I haven't tried the encapsulated citric acid in my sticks before-- how much ECA per pound of meat mix do you use?

Thanks!

Ed

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoked on March 03, 2009, 07:02:27 PM
Great job, NePa!!!    So I haven't tried the encapsulated citric acid in my sticks before-- how much ECA per pound of meat mix do you use?

Thanks!

Ed

Thanks Ed

For 5 lbs 1.80 oz.
for 10 3.60 oz
25 lbs you need 9 oz.   this is for smoked meat sticks ECA

For non smoked You use regular powdered CA. This would be like if you cooked them in the oven with the door open and the temp at 170* Some call powdered CA sour salt.

5 lbs, 0.40 oz
10 lbs 0.80 oz
25 lbs 2.00 oz

ECA and Powdered CA is opt in the sticks.

nepas