• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Power plug wires are detached

Started by Brisket Lover, April 10, 2009, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

It seems like forever ago I wrote my smoker was broke. Well I was finally home long enough to tackle it.  Turns out the wires to the plug came apart. Trouble is I don' know which wire goes where.

There is a white, blue, and yellow-green.

Center prong down I'm calling 6 o'clock.

There is a 9 and a 3 o'clock also. Can anyone help? I want to smoke Easter dinner so I'm hoping someone knows.

Thanks

Dan

pfowl01

Are you talking about the plug from the tower or the smoke gen? I would imagine the blue is the hot, the white is the neutral and the yellow/green is the ground.

Center prong down I'm calling 6 o'clock.
There is a 9 and a 3 o'clock also.

If what your calling 6 o'clock is long and rounded...that is the ground.
If your looking at the plug with it facing you ...3 o'clock is the neutral and 9 o'clock is the hot. Your receptacle on the wall will have one slot longer than the other, it is on the left hand side and this is the neutral. Just make sure you get the neutral on the right blade of your plug.

Brisket Lover

Its on the back of the OBS tower.  All the prongs are shaped the same.  If you're familiar with what the end of a PC or monitor plug look like it is the same, just three spades at 3,6, and 9.

The ground wire was easy enough to differentciate (sp) because it just went to the cabinet. I didn't know which one went to which spade though.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Dan

Looking at the back of the plug with the single spade connector up (that's the ground)
The White wire goes on the left terminal
and the Blue goes on the right terminal

Brian

Brisket Lover

Thank you!  I was hoping you would be checking the board. Enjoy the holidays!

Roadking

Just get the ground wire in the correct place. The others can be swapped, there's an equal amount of potential on  both.