Pork loin

Started by Piker, April 06, 2009, 07:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piker

Here ][/img]is a few pics of a loin that i brined and smoked turned out great.

seemore

FLBentRider

Looks like a flying pig on a trapeze!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Consiglieri

Apology in advance, but once FL mentioned trapeze, my mind kept drifting back to the Tommy Lee Cribs episode.  I'm pretty sure that didn't involve a Bradley smoker. 

Piker:  the meat looks great.  How'd it turn out? 
Consiglieri

Piker

It was great. Just the rite amt. of salt and very moist for the length of time in the smoker. I had pickling spice and whole cloves in the brine but could not taste them in the final porduct, will do more experimenting next time.

Caneyscud

The old San Francisco Steakhouses, come to mind.

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Consiglieri

Quote from: Caneyscud on April 08, 2009, 09:14:41 AM
The old San Francisco Steakhouses, come to mind.

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire

Which? 
Consiglieri

Caneyscud

Not in CA, but in Texas.  At one time a string of 4 (San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Houston) steakhouses that in the 70's were great "date" places for that special girl.  I think they all closed down a year or two ago, but someone has now reopened the San Antonion one.  A little cheesy on the garb and decoration (their version of a bawdy house) but good food and great steaks.  When you were seated, you were greeted at the table with hot bread and a huge block of swiss cheese.  Could barely afford it on my $1.50 per hour salary, but like I said it was my special girl.  There was no waiters, just waitresses and hostesses, but the greatest, especially for a 18 yo, was the girl in the red velvet scanty costume, that would swing on this red velvet swing over the heads of all the diners - thus, the reference.  Now, at 52, that pork loin swinging there looks better to me than a girl in a red velvet costume in a red velvet swing, swinging over my head........err....ummmm.....No not really - The girl was still prettier!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Air
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Piker

Just did 2 more pork loins today. Used the basic brine as before but this time I ground the pickling spices and cloves,brined for 5 days and a little more smoke this time and it was great. Tasted better than the last. If you need pics look back as nothing changed. Thks Piker

bigcatdaddy