E1 Error Message

Started by Michael, April 26, 2009, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The last several times I have used the BS I immediately get an error message (beeping sound and flashing E1) as soon as I plug it in to the outlet.  I unplug and re-plug the cords and eventually it behaves itself.  When I unplug the power cord at the outlet and plug it back in it won't reset and will continue to give the error message.  Today when it gave me the error message I unplugged the power source at the generator and then plugged it back in and it worked fine. 

I did a search here and found someone else had the same problem and it was suggested the rails where the puck slides might need cleaning.  I scrape mine clean with a putty knife after each use, so I don't think that is the problem.  I push the various cords in as far as they will go each time I use the unit so I should be getting good connections.

NePaSmoKer

Here is the link that tells you about the E & E1 errors.

http://bradleysmoker.com/qanda.asp#4

nepas

Mr Walleye

Michael

Usually the E1 error is associated to the sensor wire. It's the small wire that runs from the generator to the tower. Try unplugging it from both and reverse it, then plug it back in. Usually it's just a bad connection at the plug.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Michael

Thanks for the information.  -Mike

smokinpat

I had the same problem, turned out the plug end that goes into the smoke generator needed to be cleaned (it had gotten some smoke residual on it)

classicrockgriller

Hiya smokinpat and Welcome to the Forum.

watchdog56

That happens to me once in a while but if I wiggle the sensor cord it goes away.I think there is a bad connection in the cord from what I found out. Luckily I have another cord I use for cold smoking and I have had no problem with it.

Michael

I'm smoking a couple of pork shoulders today and as soon as I turned on the oven I got the error message as usual.  I jiggled the sensor wire and it immediately solved the problem.  I love easy fixes..... 

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Michael on May 15, 2010, 01:35:46 PM
I'm smoking a couple of pork shoulders today and as soon as I turned on the oven I got the error message as usual.  I jiggled the sensor wire and it immediately solved the problem.  I love easy fixes..... 

If that is happening frequently, check the plug and connectors to make sure there is no plastic residue in the plug or on the connectors. A good cleaning with alchol may also help.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tim_ny

FYI in case this happens to anybody else, I failed to realize that you guys were talking about the little sensor wire that goes between the generator and the box, I kept checking and jiggling the power connector between the two and no dice. Then I realized I had totally forgotten to put the little wire in, the sensor or whatever you call it. D'oh.

classicrockgriller

tim_ny, We can remember everything everytime. ;D

Welcome to the Forum!

HopHead

Can you guys tell me what color the sensor wire is on your unit?  My unit is less than 2 years old and I am receiving the E1 error.  I do not see any wires where the ends could be swapped.  Do any of you have internal electrical drawings for these smokers?

Thanks

Tenpoint5

Quote from: HopHead on October 24, 2010, 05:46:41 PM
Can you guys tell me what color the sensor wire is on your unit?  My unit is less than 2 years old and I am receiving the E1 error.  I do not see any wires where the ends could be swapped.  Do any of you have internal electrical drawings for these smokers?

Thanks

Hophead it it the Black wire that plugs into the back of the S/G and the Smoker. Has ends like a pair of stereo headphones. It is on the outside of the unit.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: HopHead on October 24, 2010, 05:46:41 PM

Thanks

Hi welcome to the forum.

As 10.5 pointed it is the black wire with the stereo (RCA) plugs. The plugs are the same on both ends, swapping the wires means unplugging the wire, rotate the wire 180 degrees and reconnect them. That way the end that was originally plugged into the cabinet is not plugged into the generator, and the end that was originally plugged into the generator is plugged into the cabinet. This sometimes makes a better connection.

Here is a link to the E-1 error:
E-1 Error

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

foodog

Its been a long winter, and finally found a great weekend to fire up the smoker - and got the dreaded E1 error. Had to do a little troubleshooting, confirmed the sensor cable was good - and measured the resistance on the sensor - and noticed the sensor measured opened at the connector jack.

So - pulled off the back metal plate of the unit, and found the center pin on the back side of the plug unit had broken off somehow. I attempted to repair the plug unit, and opted to simply solder a longer extension cable and connector to effectively replace the sensor cable.

This fixed the E1 error.

Foodog