A quick howdy and a big Thanks to all!!

Started by St. Helens Smoker, January 26, 2005, 09:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Helens Smoker

Brand new to the forum and the wonderful world of the BS, but what a wonderful world[:)]

Used to do quite a bit of smoking a number of years ago, but decided to get started again...so went ad got myself a Bradley.

Got home and unpacked and decided what I wanted anything more than else to reacquaint myself was a brisket.....but how with a new smoker?

The answer was you folks here that provided me all the great info and tips to let me wade back into the fray with complete confidence...so a belated thank you from myself and from my dinner guests who raved about the brisket....So Thank you all, and here's to a wonderful new beginning for myself, and a most wonderful resource for info....CHEERS!!

nsxbill

Many of us are "Brisketeers"....FYI, that is not a group of swordsmen protecting the French King!, nor is anything to do with Walt Disney. [:D][:D]. It is just a bunch of patient smokers willing to wait 12-15 hrs for their perfectly smoked beef!  

I love doing brisket.  Cut up my last one with my semi-commercial tabletop slicer and all 8.5 pounds sliced paper-thin and mixed with a little BBQ sauce and sealed up with vacuum sealer into sandwich size portions.  Just have to have some nice sandwich rolls on hand, and a quick heat-up in the microwave from the freezer, and instant BBQ sandwich.  

Welcome to the order of Brisketeers, St. Helens Smoker!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Cold Smoke

oguard

Welcome to the forum St.Helens smoker.
Great info and recipes here.Don't be a stranger[:D]
Keep on Smokin[8D]
Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Chez Bubba

Bill,

I've been throwing the Vac-u-suck bags in boiling water because I was told they heat more evenly & don't rubberize the meat. Makes it ALMOST as good as the day of the smoke.

Am I wasting my time?

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

Sure worked good all the times I have done it in the past, but at work, only have a microwave, so I just poke some holes and toss in the Microwave.  Bread sliced ready to load up, and great "fast" food instead of stuff off the "roach coach."

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, SHS.  Ask your questions and share your experieces . . . that's all we ask [:)].

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

St. Helens Smoker

Thanks all for the warm welcome and already more great info for keeping this stuff around....if I can smoke enough to get a surplus[:)]

Eating my last sandwich, off the 11.5 I did Sunday...kinda tough to type one handed and keep the sauce off the keyboard at the same time[:D]

Order of the Brisketeers....boy that's got a catchy ring to it...t-shirt or apron or something...thanks for the welcome to the Order!!

St. Helens Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Welcome to the Forum, SHS. Ask your questions and share your experieces<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Heck, once I figure out what kinda what I'm doing...you'll be be begging me to shut up!![:D]