• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Lots of grub

Started by jha1223, May 11, 2009, 08:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jha1223

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 13, 2009, 09:21:14 AM

Just a reminder - photos are required.

I haven't had a chance to taste the brisket yet as it's gone from oven to FTC.  But, judging from how it was falling apart when I was taking them out of the oven, I'd say we have a winner on our hands!  They shrunk up a bit, as expected, but three of these is still an awful lot of meat.  I'm going to try and sneak in a photo or two when I'm cutting up the brisket at the party. But, here's what I have so far:

From the smell in the kitchen to the look on my wife's face, I think I did well.  
There is such a thing as BBQ in Nebraska!

Gizmo

Looking mighty tasty from here.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

That looks like a perfect cook from here JHC! I hope it's a cook that will bring you applause! ;D

jha1223

Just got home and the consensus was the brisket was a success.  I mentioned before that I didn't have a cooler.  Well, we headed down to Walmart here recently and picked up a Coleman Extreme cooler.  Literally 9 hours later, we still had smoking hot brisket.  Just amazing.  So, after putting the brisket in at around 7:30am, we pulled the final brisket at about 4pm and it was just as good as the first.  Thanks for everyone's help on the timelines.  Mom and the crowd were happy.  I do really appreciate everyone's help on making this a special day for my mother in law.  She sends her thanks (Yeah, I gave ya'll credit).

Here's one of the brisket heading for the serving table.  I separated flat, point and made some shred for sammies. 

Gizmo

The "Extreme" is extreme.  They do a good job for a long time.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Man, jha, that pan of brisket looks good enough to dive into and swim around for awhile.  Kinda like the proverbial drunk who falls into the wine vat - dying happy!!  That is good eats. 

Remember leftovers are great too, especially brisket burritos - flour tortilla, brisket, refried beans, avocado, jalapeno slices, grated cheese - gotta go home now and get me a "fix"
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

jha1223

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi".  It's well in to the end of the traditional smoking season here in NE, but I'm finally getting time to crank up that trusty OBS.  My job had me pushing 70 hours a week and I just simply didn't have the energy to cook much, let alone smoke. 

New job, more free time and they guys at work mentioned there was no real good bbq in Omaha.  Hrm... let's see if we can't turn that around, eh?  Brisket is what they said they hungered for and I believed it was my place to deliver!  Since it had been a while, I dug up this old thread because it gave such detailed instructions on timing, I thought if there were new guys coming to the forums, they could benefit from the absolutely crazy detailed feedback I received in this post.  Cheers again guys.

I am looking forward to cold smoking ... muwahaha!